2720 Hydraulic quick coupler leaking.

/ 2720 Hydraulic quick coupler leaking. #1  

Deadman

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, X475
I picked up a nice used JD 2720 and when I installed my FEL, one of the hydraulic quick couplers leaks a fair amount of fluid and its annoying. Is there any way to adjust these, or whats the best way to stop this annoying leak? It leaks onto my 62D and then the grass sticks to all the oil and makes a nasty mess.

It only seems to leak when something is plugged into it, and not when everything is disconnected.

Overnight, it drips a puddle 2-3 feet in diameter on my coated garage floor.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

/ 2720 Hydraulic quick coupler leaking. #2  
There are o-rings inside the female coupler that can be replaced. If that doesn't work then just replace the female coupler. Also inspect the male coupler and make sure that it looks the same as the other couplers.

/ 2720 Hydraulic quick coupler leaking. #3  
Plug one of the other male couplers into the suspect female coupler overnight to see if it is a problem with the male or the female. If you narrow it down to the female, replace the O ring or replace the coupler. If it is the male, replace the coupler.

/ 2720 Hydraulic quick coupler leaking. #4  
In the meantime, place a pan under the couplers to catch the drips.

I have one on my X485 that will drip a small bit after disconnecting the coupler. Will need to look for "why" someday. Stopped dripping so maybe a spec of dirt found its way under the spring-loaded nip in the female coupler.

/ 2720 Hydraulic quick coupler leaking.
I just cleaned the couplers all up and seeing what it does overnight!

Thank you guys for the ideas, I'll try them as soon as my work quiets down. I have the 62D off right now, as it makes a mess otherwise! :)

/ 2720 Hydraulic quick coupler leaking. #6  
I picked up a nice used JD 2720 and when I installed my FEL, one of the hydraulic quick couplers leaks a fair amount of fluid and its annoying. Is there any way to adjust these, or whats the best way to stop this annoying leak? It leaks onto my 62D and then the grass sticks to all the oil and makes a nasty mess. It only seems to leak when something is plugged into it, and not when everything is disconnected. Overnight, it drips a puddle 2-3 feet in diameter on my coated garage floor. Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

My quick fix for the same thing on my 2305... After shut down, I move my joystick thru all positions to release pressure in the lines- no more leak