My Old John Deere

/ My Old John Deere #1  

KEYBEAR

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere X-758
This is a 1936 John Deere Model B my father bought it new in that year . I spent a lot of days setting on that seat . I gave the tractor to my son and he still uses it today just not much .

000_0035.JPG

/ My Old John Deere #2  
Neat to see one in such great shape.

Brings back memories of the old A that I used twice daily to haul out manure. Cold days were the more memorable. Starting it could be too. ;)

/ My Old John Deere #3  
Beautiful. Although I can imagine that seat acting as a catapult! :laughing:

/ My Old John Deere
When I was in grade school in the fall/winter it was my job to feed the cows out in picked corn fields .
I would load some hay and ear corn on the wagon put the B in first gear and throw the corn/hay out the back . I hated it every time .

/ My Old John Deere
My father past away very young (57) a very hard working man . He was a man strong loving and fair I did not think this way years ago . He had his faults but being a good father was not one of them . I look at my son today he is 45 years old and see my father in him . I am very proud of my father and my son . The old John Deere B is my link to both my father and my son

/ My Old John Deere #7  
I love threads like this... not only for the work done but for keeping family history alive.

Well done!

/ My Old John Deere #8  
I'm fortunate to have a few things from the guys on both sides of my parent's family tree. I'll hand them down to my girls when the time is right.

/ My Old John Deere #9  
If I were to look at a tractor from this vintage... any recommendations?

Tried a 1938 Deere model L and it didn't feel right in part I guess because I'm 6'4"

Your Model B is exactly what my brother is looking for to use/display at the farm...