Loader John Deere 4320 advise, tractor any good?

/ John Deere 4320 advise, tractor any good? #1  

BrokeFarmerJohn

Veteran Member
Tractor
2017 Mahindra 5555, John Blue G-1000, Massey Ferguson 98, John Deere GP
So I made up my mind the other day to buy a new Mahindra 1533 lol, but a 2005 JD 4320 cab tractor popped up with 800 hours. So if you have a review on a 4320 please share because I can't find a whole lot about them.

Concerns would be if the cab is any good on a smaller tractor?

If the JD would hold up better and hold its value better than a Mahindra?

How tough attachments are to get for it, Mahindra, Kubota ext all use bobcat style loader attachments where JD has there own quick attachments, I don't want to be locked into over priced attachments with limited options.

Any insight would be awesome! I'm looking at the tractor tomorrow. Thanks John

/ John Deere 4320 advise, tractor any good? #2  
I have a 2005 JD 4720 (but no cab) and it's been stone reliable and done work that it really shouldn't be capable of. It's the same as the 4320 with a bit more hp.

I do all my own scheduled maintenance, and have had zero problems with the tractor. I use it to brush hog, plow snow, move dirt and rocks, move downed trees, rototill, grade a 3/4 mile long driveway, lift a work platform, move pallets and lumber and a lot of things I won't think of until I'm done writing. In short, it has been the perfect tractor for me (but I do wish I had a cabbed model).

I can't say it would be more reliable than the Mahindra as I've never owned one (or know anyone else who does for that matter). As far as holding it's value, I guarantee it will outperform the Mahindra in that category.

What front end attachments are you looking at getting? I have a bucket, forks and a grapple all of which were easy to find and reasonably priced. Changing front attachments is very quick as it's simply a matter of lining the tractor up and inserting 2 pins. If you're using the grapple add hydraulic hookup to that.

Even though I own 2 John Deere's (3 if you count the wife's riding mower) I don't bleed green. I have a Kubota ZTR and will buy whatever works for me and is relatively affordable. I got great deals on the JD's and am very happy with them.

/ John Deere 4320 advise, tractor any good? #3  
The 4320 is a bit larger tractor with more capacity than the 1533. You should be able to convert the 4320 to ssqa and the lift capacity would be much more than the 1533. Which size fits your needs the best? Pricing on the 4320 would be the next question, I would check Tractor House to compare prices.

I have had good luck with the 4520 so far and am satisfied with it. Don't know anything about the Mahindra so won't comment on it.

/ John Deere 4320 advise, tractor any good?
The price on the 2005 4320 is 25k, the price of the 1533 with 4 attachments (6ft land leveler, standard forks, 7ft grader blade and the front end loader) was 23k, the Mahindra is all new with a 7 year warenty. The Mahindra will do more than I need, I'm basing the size of the tractor is to handle a round bale of hay, both will do just fine with that task. As you can tell with my selection of attachments that I don't have a plan to use a baler or anything like that. I'm more interested in the hydrolic lifting power. I know the 4320 is a bigger tractor and I'm not as much comparing apples to apples specs because both will do what I need, I would compare reliability and how they hold there value.

The cab would be an attractive sell on the JD, the warranty and the fact it's new would be the selling point on the mahendra. I looked at the 3032E and didn't like it, it seemed cheap, plastic was flimsy and it didn't compare to the 1533, the 3033R was closer but at a price of 6k more, nah thank you lol.

Anyone I have talked to says 800 hours is nothing for a tractor of that size and nothing I should be concerned about comparing to a tractor with 2 hours on the tach.

My dad has a 445 and I grew up liking JD, other side of the fam is all about CASE, both make tractors outside of the country, mostly the big stuff is made in the states, from what I read, 75hp and under are made in India and Mexico with JD tractors. But idk.

One thing I will say, Mahindra's may not have a huge resale but I rarely see a used Mahindra, mostly JD and Kubota also I rarely hear complaints on the 1533, most complaints I read are on JD or how Kubota let them down with weak hydrolics. Old time farmers put down it seems anything but JD and CASE but as far as internet goes, by far less complaints on Mahindra.

/ John Deere 4320 advise, tractor any good? #6  
Go for it... let us know how it works out. Sounds like you are convinced which you want to do.

I think I would rather have the JD but I got on here basically to see if the 4320 was any good and worth the money, so far I have heard good things on this tractor here, I have read a lot on the Mahindra 1533 and know it's a solid pick but as I said I'm more familure with JD, the local JD dealer down the road is a rockstar compared to the Mahindra dealer, I don't see them going out of buisness any time soon.

I will be looking at the JD tomorrow morning and seeing what kind of deal there willing to make, what kind of financing that I can get ext.

I don't like to get caught by surprise, this is a huge investment for me and I just want to make the right choice, one that will give me years of service and reliablity.

/ John Deere 4320 advise, tractor any good? #8  
The fact that the JD is a cab and the Mahindra isn't would steer me to the 4320. You get a pretty decent amount of snow in Columbus.

/ John Deere 4320 advise, tractor any good? #9  
I have a JD 4320 with 600+ hrs and have had zero issues to date. Don't have a Mahindra or know anyone who has one so can't comment on it.

/ John Deere 4320 advise, tractor any good? #10  
The JD with cab would be my choice between the two.