John Deere Material collection System Question ?

/ John Deere Material collection System Question ? #1  

KEYBEAR

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere X-758
Last Spring I bought a new tractor with the Three Bag Collection System (my first)
The Collection System dose a super job but I have a question or two .

The power Flow is Rubbing the ground at times and after only 10/12 hours I can see wear ?
I mow around 2.3/4 to 3 inches high the power flow is also about the same off the ground .
My lawn is rolling and the power flow hits the ground at times .

Do I need mow at 3 inches and then run the collection system a second time a little higher ?

I read that people have had holes wear in the bottom of the power flow (not a good thing)
This is my first Collection System and I feel I need some insight as I my need to change my ways ?

/ John Deere Material collection System Question ? #2  
Have you provided deck support by lowering the right front mower deck wheel to carry that extra weight of the Power Flow as my manual describes?

/ John Deere Material collection System Question ?
Have you provided deck support by lowering the right front mower deck wheel to carry that extra weight of the Power Flow as my manual describes?

Guess I missed that ?

/ John Deere Material collection System Question ? #4  

Those mower deck wheels without a bagger on should be 1/2" off the ground normally so they just touch the ground periodically with really not much pressure from the ground. I would think they would crap out pretty fast engaging the ground all the time and I know they are expensive. Sounds like a bad design.

/ John Deere Material collection System Question ? #5  
Don't think a "bad" design, but a design that allows the rolling wheel to be present to carry that extra load of the Power Flow. The rolling wheel is a wear item but is better than wearing the more expensive Power Flow enclosure (IMO).

But I haven't worn through my PF in 19 years (yet) of pretty continuous usage, and also haven't had to replace that rolling wheel on the deck but one time.

Without that right front mower deck wheel lowered that 1/2", then the mower will cut a bit deeper and be visible in the cut.

The deck wheels are set about 3/8 inch higher then the ground with mower down . Looking at the wheels today the right wheels are just a little (big 1/8 inch) lower than the left wheels

/ John Deere Material collection System Question ? #7  
I would raise the deck high enough that you don't drag the blower on the ground. If you are dragging the blower on the ground you are probably scalping in those places too. I mow at 4 inches and never drag the blower cutting my lawn (Tall Fescue). I only collect clippings and debris about twice a year though.

I mow a lot of grass and do not collect the grass very often . but now it is fall and we have a bunch of trees I run the Vac once a week . Every time I do run the Vac I get over 50 plus bushel of clippings and debris . This is my first Collecting System and it really does a great job but a lot of work .

/ John Deere Material collection System Question ? #9  
My first collection system had rear bags. When I moved up to the MC519 cart the dumping was less often and easier to do. 50 + bushels would be three dumps with the cart.

/ John Deere Material collection System Question ? #10  
And less work adding the hydraulic ram to the MC519 cart.

Attachments

• MC519_dumping.jpg
    MC519_dumping.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 223