JD4120 Error code 67 and Where does the other end of the purple wire go?

/ JD4120 Error code 67 and Where does the other end of the purple wire go? #1  

jtfx6552

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4120
I would think it would be really easy to find the other cut end to reconnect, but no.....

And, is the sender being disconnected the reason for the "67" error code on the display?

122F4142-94A6-4BEC-A8AE-16E55533BF7A_zpsljosdgtr.jpg
[/URL][/img]

/ JD4120 Error code 67 and Where does the other end of the purple wire go?
Ok, I figured out Error code 67 is the left flasher, replaced bulb, no more code. Now, where does that darn wire go?

/ JD4120 Error code 67 and Where does the other end of the purple wire go? #3  
I would say that the purple wire was spliced/soldered into the wire that's frayed (to the Right, in your picture).

The frayed portion of that wire is going to have to be replaced as it's too corroded to be spliced into again.

Thanks! The bundle of black wires are all grounds going right to the ground lug. I admit the picture does make it look like it belongs there. The sensor works by supplying ground when the oil pressure is low, so I don't think the signal wire should go directly there.

/ JD4120 Error code 67 and Where does the other end of the purple wire go? #5  
OK, then gently rotate the purple wire around until it meets up with the other end... it has to be close to where it broke off, a jack or a crimp or a cable/harness of some sort.

OK, then gently rotate the purple wire around until it meets up with the other end... it has to be close to where it broke off, a jack or a crimp or a cable/harness of some sort.

I know! That's what's driving me crazy, it has to be there, yet it's not. I did poke around in the .pdf of the manual. That wire is supposed to go to a connector in the cowl area and up to the cluster. Before I take it apart, I have a friend coming over to see if his eyes are better than mine.

Mystery solved. I pealed back the corrugated covering of the bundle of ground wires, and the other half of the purple wire was broken off in side about 1/2" back. It was just running alongside inside the same covering, and not connected to the ground bundle.

/ JD4120 Error code 67 and Where does the other end of the purple wire go? #9  
Gig that fix your problem?

/ JD4120 Error code 67 and Where does the other end of the purple wire go? #10  
Mystery solved. I pealed back the corrugated covering of the bundle of ground wires, and the other half of the purple wire was broken off in side about 1/2" back. It was just running alongside inside the same covering, and not connected to the ground bundle.

HUZZAH! So it was in or around a cable harness. :) The break is due to vibration-over-time... which is the number-one bugbear of technicians worldwide. Vibration will loosen and break more things than any other fault producing factor.

Unless you plan on replacing the entire wire, you can simply splice & solder a new section of wire into the break... cut each end of the break back about an inch (as the ends will be corroded) and strip a further 1/2 inch of insulation off. Whatever method of connecting/soldering you use I'd recommend putting/sliding a length of 'heat-shrink' tubing over one end before you connect it back up. A heat-gun or a hair-drier (set on high) will cause the wrap to shrink & insulate the connections.