Loader JD Quick Attach - Pallet Forks

/ JD Quick Attach - Pallet Forks
Jim and Xfaxman,

Thanks for the information. I always wondered why some refrences to the 440 loader talked about quick attach, and now I know why. Some do have it, but my 1994 440 doesn't. There are conversion adapters available that will make it skid steer compatible, but they're up near $1,000. Then I'd have to either convert my bucket to be compatible or remove the adapter when I want to use the bucket as originally designed.

But I do have a nearly new set of pallet forks I used on a skid steer I had a few years ago and kept when I sold it so I'd be saving not having to buy them. I was going to sell them to fund the JD QA set, but that idea is becoming the least likely. Thanks everyone.

/ JD Quick Attach - Pallet Forks #12  
But I do have a nearly new set of pallet forks I used on a skid steer I had a few years ago and kept when I sold it so I'd be saving not having to buy them. I was going to sell them to fund the JD QA set, but that idea is becoming the least likely. Thanks everyone.

Do you have a local fabricator to can take the forks to? Maybe some bushings could be welded in somewhere so you can attach the forks to the loader frame. It won't be "quick attach", but certainly serviceable.

If you could get that done for $300-$400, and I think you could-you'd be in business. Maybe post up your location and someone here could help?

/ JD Quick Attach - Pallet Forks
Great idea Kenny. I'll be out measuring first thing tomorrow morning. So simple a solution I never thought of it. And my son-in-law welds for a side job, and works at a heavy machinery manufacturing business so he has access to steel. This just might work.

If I start down this path I'll take pictures along the way. Thanks.
Jerry

/ JD Quick Attach - Pallet Forks #14  
hey if you find that hook up so I can use it on my 440 for a grapple bucket please let me know