3-Point Hitch John Deere 110 TLB - Rock Shaft Rate Drop Controller

/ John Deere 110 TLB - Rock Shaft Rate Drop Controller #1  

fireout66

Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB 2007 , Bobcat 763 skid loader
:(The yellow machine from ****. I purchased all new 3point components from my Green guys they have been great in crossing over to order everything for the 110. The yellow guys are usually bothered to order or ask questions for issues. So I snapped the plastic knob off of the rate drop controller below the seat ordered a new know from my yellow dealer had it in two days no issue only $ 10.00. The problem and questions are when utilizing Woods brush hog or snow blower on 3 -point lift response and lowering response are extremely slow several friends who own Kubota and JD equipment say it seams way to slow. The fluid was all changed a year ago the filters were all replaced the machine has approx. 700 hrs on it and previous owner never removed hoe did not utilize 3 point. I have turned the rate speed knob in every direction fast slow etc with little to know change. There are no visible obstructions in the linkage or arms and this is with or without attachments. And the factory manual don't say jack about trouble other than fluid, weight test. I removed the relief and verified it was clear and clean. Any ideas or history would be appreciated. It lifts but the next snow storm will be here before it goes back down.

/ John Deere 110 TLB - Rock Shaft Rate Drop Controller #2  
As I understand the 110tlb was sold through the green guys not the yellow guys.:)

Are you positive the shaft is turning? Sounds like the knob may be slipping on the shaft. It should screw in and bottom out and resist turning with the knob. Then you should be able to back it out and vary the rate of drop with a turn or two.

FWIW the 110 is based off of a 4600 compact tractor (green)

/ John Deere 110 TLB - Rock Shaft Rate Drop Controller #3  
As I understand the 110tlb was sold through the green guys not the yellow guys.:)

Are you positive the shaft is turning? Sounds like the knob may be slipping on the shaft. It should screw in and bottom out and resist turning with the knob. Then you should be able to back it out and vary the rate of drop with a turn or two.

FWIW the 110 is based off of a 4600 compact tractor (green)[/QUOTE

In this neck of the woods it was sold by both yellow and green dealers which was a plus for parts. My green dealer has been recently unable to get certain parts and attachments for the 110's but the yellow guys still can. I agree with Steve, ensure the knob is actually turning the shaft.

/ John Deere 110 TLB - Rock Shaft Rate Drop Controller
I bought it from a friend who had a tree service he bought it from my local yellow dealer they do have all the parts I ask for but I have also been dealing with two green dealers and they both have been really helpful. My situation is the loader is in NY Upstate at my camp so I have to go to the green guys up there they have been really good for service in shop and field. I think I am leaning toward the rate control is seized that is how I broke the original control knob cracked the high tech plastic. I read somewhere on here in the last several days about similar situation on green machine. I may try to spray with PB blaster and put a wrench on the shaft once I remove the new knob /handle. They also posted pics of the internals looks like several o -rings on small spool. Problem is have to remove seat console floor plate. I guess this is next option wish me luck.

/ John Deere 110 TLB - Rock Shaft Rate Drop Controller #5  
That rod is long enough you may be able to get to the connection point with the rock shaft housing from the rear of the tractor. Don't have mine in front of me right now but worth a look. If you can I would consider taking it apart at the rock shaft end or seeing if you can loosen up the parts at least.

/ John Deere 110 TLB - Rock Shaft Rate Drop Controller #6  
Try to locate some Kroil, PB Blaster is junk.

Matt

/ John Deere 110 TLB - Rock Shaft Rate Drop Controller #7  
And better than Kroil, is the new Blue Creeper. Just takes a few drops.

/ John Deere 110 TLB - Rock Shaft Rate Drop Controller #8  
Please excuse my ignorance, I get who the green maker is, but who is the yellow maker? I realize the badging does not indicate who made it, ie; Mitsubishi made case, cub cadet and Mahindra tractors. Only difference being paint and labels. So if there are other sources for parts for my 4600, im all ears!

/ John Deere 110 TLB - Rock Shaft Rate Drop Controller #9  
I think he was referring to the industrial Deere dealers.

/ John Deere 110 TLB - Rock Shaft Rate Drop Controller #10  
Sounds stuck! The 110 is my hay raking tractor. I run a Kuhn GA300 rotary rake on the 3pt for about a month each summer. Lot's of up and down - with a controlled down... I might add!

Good luck with the stuck..