5055e with MX7?

/ 5055e with MX7? #21  
A wider cutter is nice when the cutting is light. One can always over lap or go slower when the cut is heavy. The only limit is "can the 3 point lift it ?"

/ 5055e with MX7? #22  
I think the 5055 will handle the MX7 just fine. Power or weight wise.

The 5055 is a heavy tractor for the ~50hp class. ITs the SAME basic tractor as the 5065e and 5075e. Same rear lift capacities, same machine weight, same engine. Just different power levels.

The MX7 is only a ~1300# cutter. Your tractor is 5500#. IT should run that thing ALL DAY with no need for front weights. (driving up a steep hill with the cutter in the air may not be wise).

My MX5100 is only a 3800# machine, and I carry around a 1600# 8' twin spindle cutter with no front weights. Its light in the front, and I cannot load forward on my trailer, but 90% of the time, the cutter is on the ground and the tailwheels are carrying half the load anyway.

So basically what Im saying, you can handle the MX7 just fine if you so choose. No worrys at all. But perhaps a better fit would be a 8' twin spindle cutter. And heck, if I had a tractor of that size and weight, And no plans to transport on a trailer, I'd even be looking for a 10' cutter

Yeah I think he's thinking too small. I'd go for an 8' twin as well.

/ 5055e with MX7? #23  
I haven't run into the brake issue yet. The 5series tractors are solid tractors. I've repaired a lot of older ones but not the new. As far as running the mx7 sure you can but I was giving you info in the JD chart they use at work that Is comparable to your size tractor. Few hp makes a difference if something gets jacked up and warranty needs to be used. If they see your using a shredder that isn't rated for your tractor hp wise it could cause an issue. I've seen it before. On a 3038 using a frontier trencher. If you don't do a m series then I would go woods brushbull single shredders. They offer 6yr gearbox warranty. We used to sell frontier a lot but they are crap. Now we sell the green woods not the orange of course.

/ 5055e with MX7? #24  
I haven't run into the brake issue yet. The 5series tractors are solid tractors. I've repaired a lot of older ones but not the new. As far as running the mx7 sure you can but I was giving you info in the JD chart they use at work that Is comparable to your size tractor. Few hp makes a difference if something gets jacked up and warranty needs to be used. If they see your using a shredder that isn't rated for your tractor hp wise it could cause an issue. I've seen it before. On a 3038 using a frontier trencher. If you don't do a m series then I would go woods brushbull single shredders. They offer 6yr gearbox warranty. We used to sell frontier a lot but they are crap. Now we sell the green woods not the orange of course.

I don't have any personal experience with the newer M series but have read about some problems. But that happens in every brand. I have an older M1008 mounted. I love that cutter. Tough as a boot. Have 4 tail wheels on it so get no scalping.

/ 5055e with MX7? #25  
A wider cutter is nice when the cutting is light. One can always over lap or go slower when the cut is heavy. The only limit is "can the 3 point lift it ?"

Rated to lift 3200# 24" behind the lift eyes.

I dont think a 1500-2000# 8' cutter is gonna be a limiting factor

/ 5055e with MX7? #26  
Rated to lift 3200# 24" behind the lift eyes.

I dont think a 1500-2000# 8' cutter is gonna be a limiting factor

Definitely no problem lifting it. Required front weight to manage it will depend on terrain. I like stability and don't want to worry about the front tires being in the air. I add 1100lbs of suitcase weights on the front of my Kubota when carrying the cutter.

/ 5055e with MX7? #27  
Definitely no problem lifting it. Required front weight to manage it will depend on terrain. I like stability and don't want to worry about the front tires being in the air. I add 1100lbs of suitcase weights on the front of my Kubota when carrying the cutter.

What cutter is that you are carrying when you add that weight?

Also worth noting.....the 5055e is basically the same size/weight as your M9540, just less power.

/ 5055e with MX7? #28  
What cutter is that you are carrying when you add that weight?

Also worth noting.....the 5055e is basically the same size/weight as your M9540, just less power.

It's a JD M1008, 10ft, 3pt. Not sure what it weighs.

20140710_132418.jpeg

/ 5055e with MX7? #29  
No idea what a 1008 weighs, but I am sure it's alot more than the average 8' twin.

My woods is 1620# per spec. I don't need weights to mow, but cannot load forward on a deck-over. I am sure the extra ton of tractor weight plus length, that either you m9540 or the op's 5055e have would make it a non issue.

/ 5055e with MX7? #30  
I have a 5055e cab (2014) and had a mx7. It'll work fine. However, I would STRONGLY encourage you to consider an 8' twin spindle mower instead. I mowed my neighbors 23 acres. It's thick pasture grass. 15 hrs, 50 gallons of diesel. Absolutely horrible to me. I was having to slow way down as it was bogging it pretty good. The 8' would be less of a load on it and not stick so far behind the tractor. The swing can be annoying but you get used to it. 6' is way to small for the tractor. 7' barely covered the wheels.

After the 23acres and some issues, I ordered a 5100e cab 24x24 with mx15. It'll cut my mowing time down to less than 5 hrs and fuel should be around 20ish gallons.

Brett