John Deere 4100 3 point not working

/ John Deere 4100 3 point not working #11  
Egon, what do you mean have the controls been checked? The lever moves up and down freely.

All the hydraulic controls & valves are in the proper position as well as quick connects all work properly. Maybe even fuse block?

Easy stuff to check

Anybody have access to parked tractor ??

/ John Deere 4100 3 point not working #12  
just to exclude some things....
it is normal there is no much resistance at the lever, so thats seems no problem.
You said the hitch is in the raised position. How do you know it will not raise?
are you sure the valve knob (you mentioned that you played with) is completely open / turned counterclockwise?
may be there is just a lack of weight on the lift links to lower it.

/ John Deere 4100 3 point not working
The arms appear to be all the way up. He says when he finishes mowing he raises the deck all the way when he takes it to the barn. I have played with the rate of drop know several times, all the way open, all the way closed, in between. No changes. I know on my 4210 that if the 3 point is all the way up I can pull the lever back just a little farther and it will move it just a little more. No hydraulic sound or movement on this one. I am just over 200 pounds and I put the lever to the down position and jumped on the link arms and nothing moved. I just don't know what to try next.

/ John Deere 4100 3 point not working #14  
Did you check the 60" mower deck is not blocked anywhere; for instance caused by a obstruction?
Because the deck is directly mechanically linked at the 3-point hitch

Yeah, we were able to get the deck off before i brought the tractor home. I even took the link arms off the back to make sure nothing was binding.

Thanks. All the things that I haven't tried on that list are internal it looks like. I'm not sure how to go about checking them:

/ John Deere 4100 3 point not working #18  
Do you have the service technical manual for the 4100 ? May give you insight on what to check.

Or maybe have to take to a dealer.

Here is the troubleshooting chart for the 4100 from the service tech manual.

Attachments

• 4100_3ph_troubleshooting.jpg
    4100_3ph_troubleshooting.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 267
   / John Deere 4100 3 point not working #20  
Don't know if this will help.

[video]http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMLVU12593_F1/Output/OMLVU12593_F15.html#90796[/video]

On the operator control station is the SCV valve and the rate of drop lever properly positioned?
Is the mower lifted by the three point or does it have a separate cylinder?