Oil & Fuel JD 855 starting issues

/ JD 855 starting issues #11  
If that worn connection is on the outside maybe some electrians tape would make for a temporary fix?

/ JD 855 starting issues
Ok, I still haven't resolved the issue however since last time I removed the lift pump and replaced it with a 12v electric pump as I suspected it was faulty. The good news is that I was able to bleed all the way to the injectors. There was no air in there at all. The bad news is that it still took forever to start, so in short problem not resolved.!!! I also replaced the entire filter assembly. Any other suggestions. This is really frustrating.

/ JD 855 starting issues #13  
Usually "The Last Mohican" of hard starting that anyone wants to discuss is low engine compression,,

Before I looked into that,, I would drain EVERY drop of the fuel,,
out of the tank, filters, and lines,,
and refill with at least 5 gallons of fuel that is 100% fresh.

My 4105 was delivered with some strange fuel in it,,
I did exactly that, drained every drop, and refilled with fresh fuel.

The tractor became amazingly easy to start!! :thumbsup:

/ JD 855 starting issues
Good advice. About a month ago I only had about 4 litres left in the tank so I filled it up with fresh diesel. Do you think I should drain it anyway?

/ JD 855 starting issues #15  
I'm new please advise how to start a new post/thread
Thanks,
Mike

/ JD 855 starting issues #17  
My 855 has a sticky fuel shut off solenoid. For some reason if I push the throttle on full it doesn't seem to stick but I hold my hand ready to pull the throttle back as soon as it starts. If I try to start it at say 1/4 throttle it starts but the engine hunts. I can manually pull the solenoid rod back and it smooths but starting at full throttle has seemed to work for now. I know I will eventually have to replace the solenoid.

/ JD 855 starting issues #18  
I have the same sticky fuel shut off solenoid.
I turn the key off then get off the tractor and push it to shut the tractor off.
I've never bothered to replace it...some day maybe?

However when I start it everything resets and works fine again till I need to shut it off...
Kind of a shut off issue rather than a starting issue.