99-JD430 hydro. trans lockin up

/ 99-JD430 hydro. trans lockin up #1  

iamgott

Bronze Member
Tractor
2000 John Deere 430 Hydro. 32 HP
I recently purchased a used John Deere 430 Hydrostatic 4x4, 1999 model with supposed 700 hours. The differential lockup mechanism stopped working, Isent in for repair and they replaced the rear differential. Upon returning it, i went to use it to do some grading. At first it seemed ok, then the forward pedal got harder and harder to push. While pushing the forward pedal it also makes a loud whinning noise and wants to "lock up" not move. If you push the pedal gently, it will go, then you can push it further "a little", then a little more until it reaches top speed. If you try to just step on the pedal from a dead stop, it actually pushes back and makes a whinning, howling noise, under load its even worse. Any suggestions on what would be causing this would be eternally apreciated. Other items they were supposed to repair also remain broken, I am about to have a nervous breakdown, PLEASE HELP!

/ 99-JD430 hydro. trans lockin up #2  
Load that baby up and bring it back to the dealer. sounds like they messed up the HST when they had it apart. could be something as simple as adjustment, but I would let them handle it.