John deere 2440 filters and maintenance

/ John deere 2440 filters and maintenance #1  

loganhorse

Bronze Member
Tractor
John deere 2440
Can only give me the filter numbers to service the 2440?

I just bought this tractor and I would like to go through and service it before using it.

Also any other advice on the 2440 would be great.

Thanks in advance

New Guy

/ John deere 2440 filters and maintenance #2  
loganhorse
:welcome: to TBN

A good way to get the part numbers is to go to jdparts and put in the model no. 2440. You will be able to get schematics of the assemblies plus every part no. .. a wealth of info.
John Deere - Parts Catalog

/ John deere 2440 filters and maintenance #3  
Welcome to TBN
I can provide those part numbers from memory due to my 21+ yrs of employment at a JD dealership. Although 2440 has a serial number break @ sn 341,000 the filters are the same PN's. I would also suggest to check hyd oil sump screen(key 13) which requires draining of oil or placing nozzle of running shop vacuum in hyd filler hole with excess hole are blocked off with shop towel.
Hyd filter is AR75603,
engine oil filter is T19044
fuel filter is AR50041

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    31 KB · Views: 1,186
   / John deere 2440 filters and maintenance
Welcome to TBN
I can provide those part numbers from memory due to my 21+ yrs of employment at a JD dealership. Although 2440 has a serial number break @ sn 341,000 the filters are the same PN's. I would also suggest to check hyd oil sump screen(key 13) which requires draining of oil or placing nozzle of running shop vacuum in hyd filler hole with excess hole are blocked off with shop towel.
Hyd filter is AR75603,
engine oil filter is T19044
fuel filter is AR50041
I plan on changing all the fluids soon. I'll try to fine the screen. They are supposed to drop it off today.

Did these come with a block heater or just coolant heater?

/ John deere 2440 filters and maintenance #5  
No true in block heater just cannister heater.

/ John deere 2440 filters and maintenance #7  
1-800-522-7448 for the operator's service manuals . While most people test the coolant for the freeze point. Most miss the equally important corrosion inhibiter test with the test strips from JD . Let the inhibitor run down and you will be purchasing a new sleeve kit.

/ John deere 2440 filters and maintenance #8  
b-n-d
Would you tell us more about that inhibitor and the test?
tks

/ John deere 2440 filters and maintenance
I'll attach some pictures of her. She's not a beauty but she works great for taking care of the horses. Slight remote leak and a FEL leak. A pretty decently hydro leak above the engine (pump?)
But so far she seems to fit the need well for the price. $5000 and a extra $300 fo 20170224_124109.jpg20170224_124100.jpgr bucket,both hay forks and a roto tiller.

Please give me input I want this tractor to last me a bit. I have everything but air filter to replace this weekend. 10 gallons of hydro and also engine oil and need coolant.

New guy with owning tractors but I seem to like this one and it's perfect for my needs.

/ John deere 2440 filters and maintenance #10  
That looks like a nice solid tractor. Other than the nose piece on the hood, sheet metal looks straight and not rusted out. The 2440 was a real workhorse. You have the optional rack and pinion axles whichgives you more weight in the wheels. The 40 series utility tractors were being sold new when I started working For dealer in 1977. Set up quite a few of them and installed loaders. Your loader has 146 decals, but the lift cylinders appear to be from a 145. Can't tell on the bucket cylinders but they may be right for the 146. It will make a difference in the seal kits if that is what is leaking. You mentioned you didn't have air filters to install. TxJim didn't give you air filter numbers, so I can tell you primary filter is Ar84228 and secondary element is AE31724. It was nice back in those models. Filters interchanged over many models, now it seems every model takes a different filter and even some differences in serial number ranges or what tier emissions engine you have!?!