Mowing John Deere 1600 wide area mower

/ John Deere 1600 wide area mower #1  

Kevin M

Gold Member
Tractor
48" bobcat walk behind , 60" Dixie Chopper Classic , 755 John Deere 4x4 70 ldr belly mower etc etc , 7610 Ford 4x4 7412 ldr and 10 ft rhino hogg
I've had my eye on one of these I don't know much about them, had approximately 2000hrs , what should I be looking for other then the obvious stuff ?

/ John Deere 1600 wide area mower #2  
Turbo machine vs non-turbo machine, the later turbocharged units are worth a fair amount more than the naturally aspirated units, and performed better as well.

/ John Deere 1600 wide area mower #3  
i owned one of these from new - Turbo. its' a tractor turned backwards and it's pretty much bulletproof. however, maintenance is time consuming. I did maintenance once a year. it has countless grease fitting. plenty are hard to reach. and changing the trans oil for the font trans case is a major pain. it's a bit of an out-dated design - driveshaft transmission with trans oil, plus hydro oil for the decks, and of course engine oil. although, i never had a day's problem, i traded it for a Toro. my Toro has independent hydro drive motor for each wheel. it removes maintenance on a standard transmission set up. if you can get one that has not been abused, it will run with proper care.

/ John Deere 1600 wide area mower #4  
Good luck with the Toro...

/ John Deere 1600 wide area mower #5  
Replying to old thread in case someone is interested.watch for hydraulic leaks at deck hoses has eight large ones.also watch for the hydraulic pump seals to leak badly.the tires and the tire yokes wear bad and are expensive at 330.00 for both needs 10 that’s
3300.00 just for tires and yokes.keep in mind parts are expensive for these.good luck.

/ John Deere 1600 wide area mower #6  
you need to shop theres a company high grade manufacturing i think in georgia they have no flat tires and forks for mowers I just bought 10 wheels with shipping was under $500

/ John Deere 1600 wide area mower #7  
you need to shop theres a company high grade manufacturing i think in georgia they have no flat tires and forks for mowers I just bought 10 wheels with shipping was under $500

I checked it out. That痴 definetely a cheaper
Alternative. I let me know how the solid rubber
Tires work out. Thanks.