2440 hydraulic test ports

/ 2440 hydraulic test ports #1  

loganhorse

Bronze Member
Tractor
John deere 2440
Anyone know what is needed to check pump pressure and also test ports? Kit sold somewhere?

/ 2440 hydraulic test ports #2  
Do you have the service tech manual to help?

/ 2440 hydraulic test ports #3  
If your tractor has rear remotes(scv's) you can attach male hyd tip to gauge then plug into breakaway coupler activate scv control lever to determine hyd stand-by pressure which should be 2250 psi.

/ 2440 hydraulic test ports
Do you have the service tech manual to help?
I do.
If your tractor has rear remotes(scv's) you can attach male hyd tip to gauge then plug into breakaway coupler activate scv control lever to determine hyd stand-by pressure which should be 2250 psi.
I'll do this. I'm trying to figure out my hydraulic issue. It's like I'm losing pressure.

/ 2440 hydraulic test ports #5  
Look in hyd filler hole behind seat with engine running,3 pt raised for moving oil which would indicate faulty rockshaft control valve seals. Does your tractor have hyd hi-lo or hyd ind pto? What type control valve controls the frt end loader and how is valve attached to tractor hyd system?

Look in hyd filler hole behind seat with engine running,3 pt raised for moving oil which would indicate faulty rockshaft control valve seals. Does your tractor have hyd hi-lo or hyd ind pto? What type control valve controls the frt end loader and how is valve attached to tractor hyd system?
Hyd ind pto. No hi-lo. Loader is connected by the filter housing on a quick connect. To get my 3 pt to raise I have to be at 2k and it's super slow and it's hit or miss if my loader will work. I noticed it works slightly better if I have the pto off.

/ 2440 hydraulic test ports #7  
Just thinking, but I'd disconnect and reconnect that "quick connect" just in case it may not be "connected" ;)

Likely has nothing to do with it, but just a thought.

/ 2440 hydraulic test ports #8  
If loader control valve is the convertible type(cc to oc & vice versa) the seal on the closed center plug could be blown. Simple test is disconnect return hose from filter housing then aim open return hose into open hyd filler hole. With loader control levers in neutral,engine running no oil should exit open hose. Another simple check is cap off hyd pressure to steering valve to determine if hyd's operate better.

If loader control valve is the convertible type(cc to oc & vice versa) the seal on the closed center plug could be blown. Simple test is disconnect return hose from filter housing then aim open return hose into open hyd filler hole. With loader control levers in neutral,engine running no oil should exit open hose. Another simple check is cap off hyd pressure to steering valve to determine if hyd's operate better.
Where is the steering valve?

/ 2440 hydraulic test ports #10  
Where is the steering valve?

Under the steering wheel. To check for internal leakage in steering valve one needs to disconnect hose(key 34) then put cap on supply line that goes from frt pump to clutch housing.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    45.3 KB · Views: 323