New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Here's something that might be of interest... larger photos are available here.

Wonder what it costs? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

---
JOHN DEERE PROVIDES INCREASED TRACTOR AND LOADER PROTECTION
WITH JOHN DEERE XTRA ARMOR(TM) KIT

John Deere doesn't kid around when it comes to extra protection. To protect tractors and tractor loaders from hazardous falling debris and unseen obstacles, the company has created a John Deere Xtra Armor(TM) kit for use on John Deere 4200, 4300, 4400, 4500, 4600 and 4700 Compact Utility Tractors. This industry-exclusive package provides additional protection to vital tractor and loader components when used in harsh work environments.

4000armor_250.jpg

Designed with extensive input from rental and light-construction industry professionals, this added protection package will increase the durability of these machines. For instance: Kevlar(TM) covers protect hydraulic hoses from damage. The hood and grille guard protects the top and front of the tractor from impact and falling debris. Steel guards around warning lights help prevent accidental breakage. A backup alarm tells the operator and bystanders when the machine is in reverse. A steel plate protects mid-mount hydraulic lines from ground obstacles. A plate also protects forward hydraulic cylinders and lines from damage. A roll pin locks the ROPS in the upright position for greater operator protection. A reversible/replaceable cutting edge strengthens the bucket bottom. Front chain tie-downs aid in securing the tractor to a trailer for transport. The components of the kit are also available for individual purchase to meet specific operator needs.

4000armor2_250.jpg

Additional accessories include: rear ballast boxes, rear wheel weights, weather enclosures, front and rear work lights, electrical outlet sockets, high output alternators, engine coolant heaters, transmission oil heaters, spark arrestor screens, rear view mirrors, implement warning lights and vertical exhaust.

© John Deere Worldwide C&CE Division - www.johndeere.com
---

msig.gif

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #2  
From the Deere web site configuration utility for JD4300s:
Xtra Armor Protection Package

Includes Warning Light Brush Guards,
Backup Alarm, Selective Control Valve Line Guard,
High Range Speed Lockout and ROPS Locking Pins.

Part #LVB25154
Cost = $185.00

This list does not include all the parts listed in Muhammads post but it does seem like a good price for what is included. I bought the warning lite brush guards ($29) and the high output alternator ($99) when I placed the order for my new tractor. If I was doing alot of work in the woods I would have probably gone for the whole setup.

18-29930-MJBTractor.gif

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series
MJB,

Where is the 4300 listed in the configurator? I can't seem to find it. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'm going to guess that the grille/hood guard is a more expensive item... but it's good that the options can be ordered separately.

msig.gif

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #4  
Muhammad,

I can't even find the page with the info you posted, /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif... any link?

Larry

It's not on the John Deere website, I don't think. We got the information and photos yesterday... so maybe we're the first to publish it online. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I don't know if John Deere will publish it online, but if they do I would guess it would be the same material as we received.

msig.gif

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #6  
Here is the path to the configurator: Link Here

You can select wether you want to "Build your own" or accessorize your tractor. If you select accessorize and US pricing it should bring up a screen which allows you to select any of the 90 series, 4000 series or 5000 series tractors. If you select "Build your own" You can see all of the accessories as well as the standard and optional equipment available for each tractor. I think the site is still under construction because some of the paths to additional information on the options and accessories don't lead to the correct places. Enjoy./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-29930-MJBTractor.gif
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Muhammad on 04/02/01 04:15 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #7  
Muhammad,

Well, thanks for posting it here, anyway /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

BTW, MJB'S 3:33 post showed up too-wide again, on my screen at least /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif.

Larry

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #8  
Thanks MJB,
I got to the config. using the address you posted. Plugged in 4700, ...screen kept flashing on-and-off like it was attempting to load repeatedly. I couldn't get it to stop, ... couldn't select any options. Will try later.

Larry

Thanks for the link... I couldn't find that page before, only for the larger tractors.

msig.gif

/ New Xtra Armor Kit From John Deere for 4000 Series #10  
My dealer showed me the sales info on the armor kit late last year. He knows I'm working in the woods and cleaning up timber slash so I should be an ideal candidate for the package.

I've seen the real package on his lot as well at the farm show.

I think the package is somewhat useful but it does not really protect what I'm most concerned with on the tractor. The front hood and grill is well armored as are the hydraulic lines on the FEL. This is goodess. But I can SEE what is about to grab hydraulic lines on the FEL. At least most of the time! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

What I really want protect is the hydraulic lines UNDER the tractor. I can't see that at ANY time and they are small metal tubes that could easily get damaged. I'm also concerned about control linkages, filters, the exhaust pipe, etc., that are all UNDER the tractor and not visible to the operator. I had a piece of wood come up and hit my exhaust pipe which runs in the engine compartment right next to the radiator fan. Well the pipe pushed against the fan housing, which is made of plastic, which in turn pushed onto the fan. The noise that occured as a result made me ruin a pair of underware and took a few months off of my life. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif No damage but I did not know that as my heart stopped. I only had 20 or so hours on the tractor when this happened.

The hood covering looks very stout and looked to be easily removed to access the engine compartment. But frankly, if I'm dropping something that heavy on the front of my tractor I FAR more concerned with MY safety than the 4700! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I told this to my salesman. They need to protect the undercarriage before I'm buying. If they did that I would get the armor. But not until then.

My two cents....

Hope this helps...
Dan McCarty