John Deere 3203 won't start

/ John Deere 3203 won't start #1  

jc1960

Tractor
John Deere 3203
I have a 2006 John Deere 3203 that has been relatively free of issues but within the last week after being used the tractor sat for a few days and then would not start. Since it was the original battery I replaced it and found no difference. After looking I noticed the ignition fuse was blown so I replaced it and when I turned the key partway the instrument panel came on but when I tried to start there was a click / clunk and the fuse blew again. This repeated twice, any suggestions or has anyone else had this issue?
thanks

/ John Deere 3203 won't start #3  
What's the location of the fuse that keeps blowing? Like F1 or what??

/ John Deere 3203 won't start #6  
Ok that's the one I thought it might be. I'll do some looking into tomorrow on the schematics. I'll be in touch

/ John Deere 3203 won't start
I pulled the starter and if I turn clock ways it turns freely, if I turn counter clock ways it extends and turns.

/ John Deere 3203 won't start #8  
Something similar happened to me recently. It was corrosion on the battery cable attached to the starter. I would just hear a click when turning the key.

/ John Deere 3203 won't start #9  
When out does the starter respond when key is turned?

Will the flywheel turn?

/ John Deere 3203 won't start
I tried to see what would happen with the starter out and nothing happened, would I need to get it grounded to the frame? I took the starter in to the dealer and they tested it and said it was fine, I talked to the tech and he said it sounded like I might have a short in the system and said it could possibly be the ignition switch. For 45 bucks I bough a new one and if it quits pouring rain I will try and figure out how to get to it.