HELP 300 loader on 790 quit... lift, bucket curl

/ HELP 300 loader on 790 quit... lift, bucket curl #1  

spruce Deere

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 with loader LS xr3140h also with loader plus a cab
Was fine tuning the tree planter mounted on the 790 for the upcoming planting session, wich is very soon coming, and in the middle of everything the fel just up quit.... was not even using it, just going to lift it out of the line of sight and no lift when the lever was pulled or bucket curl. The whole fel is completely dead. 3 point works like gangbusters still, but the fel is a dead ship. So, I backed it into the shop fairly puzzled.

Changed hyd. oil just last fall along with the filter and cleaned the suction screen also, which was more or less free of any foreign matter. The hyd. oil is just slightly over-full for those who will ask about the level of the hyd. oil:) I did dis-connect and re-connect the loader quick couplers but that made not a difference.

Figgered I would ask the smart folks on TBN if this has happened to them and hopfully a possible fix for a dead fel. Would the load check valves in the scv both stick simultaneously to create a dead loader???

/ HELP 300 loader on 790 quit... lift, bucket curl #2  
I'd look at the valve first. Check that the linkage is moving the spools. Does the handle feel different?

/ HELP 300 loader on 790 quit... lift, bucket curl
Spools move completely up/down. Handle feels no different than before.

/ HELP 300 loader on 790 quit... lift, bucket curl #4  
Most compact tractor's feed the FEL first, then the three point. I believe yours is that way too. When you say the 3 point works, can it lift anything or is it just the arms going up an down? Reason I ask is if the relief valve is stuck open it might have just enough pressure to raise the arms but not enough to lift the loader or curl the bucket.

/ HELP 300 loader on 790 quit... lift, bucket curl #5  
Will the loader go down? Sounded like it might have been partially raised when this happened?

Have you tryed swapping hydraulic lines, reverse positions? Raise is now lower, curl up is now down, etc?

Thanks for the quick replies fellas:thumbsup: Been in the shop pulling off sheet metal and getting at the scv...

3 point lifts the 800 lb tree transplanter just fine. I'm after the relief next texasranger, just checked the load check deals, all is fine there.

It was partially raised. Goes down just fine... had to back it in the shop. i have not switched any lines yet. Did not see the use when all and everything fel was dead.

/ HELP 300 loader on 790 quit... lift, bucket curl #7  
Pretty strange, if you can lift anything on the 3 point I'd have a hard time believing the relief open far enough to prevent bucket curl. That said, I don't have any better ideas at the moment...

/ HELP 300 loader on 790 quit... lift, bucket curl #8  
Give the spoole valve a couple taps. Maybe something is jammed? And go over the quick connects again.

/ HELP 300 loader on 790 quit... lift, bucket curl #9  
Does the tractor engine load up? Like it's trying to pressurize fluid? Might be hard to tell. But let the tractor idle, and move the joystick. And change in sound from the engine? Or anythin sound different?

No engine laboring at all. I had adjusted the three point knob so that the tree planter did not fall to the ground like a bomb with the planter.

I will be delving deeper into it just as soon as more coffee is ready.... Gunna need the thing soon.