Oil & Fuel JD compact 790 fuel in crakcase

/ JD compact 790 fuel in crakcase #1  

handloader

Tractor
jd790
Tractor sat up for a year. Tried to start it and turned over good but know start. Cracked fuel rail at injector, middle injector only had fuel. Removed inspection plate on injector pump and the two outboard pumps not raising and lowering. Removed delivery valve spring holder and found that plunger barrel was stuck. Freed barrel and re-assembled. Engine still will not start and crackcase filled up with fuel. Fuel dripping from the top of the fuel injection pump body into the pump side cover and I assume this is where it gets into crankcase. Any suggestions.

/ JD compact 790 fuel in crakcase #2  
No suggestions, but don't give up hope for some good advice here.

:welcome: to TBN

/ JD compact 790 fuel in crakcase #3  
When you removed the "barrels" from the injection pump, did you use new orings and copper sealing washers? Those copper washers can leak fuel pressure into crankcase if they don't seat properly. They should never be reused. It may be the reason for not starting also since the pump leaks off the pressure and can't build high enough to open the injectors. I am sure the stuck barrels were the original problem, but other things in the pump may be gummed up also. Best solution would probably be to remove the pump and send it out for professional repair unless you are absolutely sure of reassembly.

/ JD compact 790 fuel in crakcase
When you removed the "barrels" from the injection pump, did you use new orings and copper sealing washers? Those copper washers can leak fuel pressure into crankcase if they don't seat properly. They should never be reused. It may be the reason for not starting also since the pump leaks off the pressure and can't build high enough to open the injectors. I am sure the stuck barrels were the original problem, but other things in the pump may be gummed up also. Best solution would probably be to remove the pump and send it out for professional repair unless you are absolutely sure of reassembly.
Thanks for the reply. Those two (2) items were reused in the re-assembly. Seams logical as nothing else was effected. Like you said, I have fixed the initial problem but caused another. Ordered the two (2) items and will give it a shot.
Thanks,

Gary