Cozy Cab for x55

/ Cozy Cab for x55 #1  

Mechanos

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 955/70A/7 TLB
I came across a Cozy Cab that came off a 955 (but as I understand, it will fit any of the x55 tractors) over the weekend. I'm not sure I really want to put it on my 955 or not... mainly since it would need to be removed to use my No. 7 backhoe. It does need some TLC in the form of a broken side glass, minor rust and needs a paint job, but the price was right so I loaded it in bed of my pickup and brought it home. I figured that if I decide not to use it, I will just put it up for sale. It seems like there is always someone looking for an x55 cab and they appear to be as rare as hen's teeth these days since nobody is still producing them. Anyway... it will be a nice little project fixing it back up.

This model has front wiper, heater, front lights, and a rooftop strobe.

CozyCab955.jpg

/ Cozy Cab for x55 #2  
If you decide to sell it let me know, I know someone in KS who is looking for one for a 955 to replace a curtis soft cab.

/ Cozy Cab for x55 #3  
I have that exact model on my 955. I would never take it off. I've broken all but one window also. Replacing that front one was not easy.

/ Cozy Cab for x55
I have that exact model on my 955. I would never take it off. I've broken all but one window also. Replacing that front one was not easy.

I'm guessing that you don't have or use a No. 7 backhoe on your 955. I am working on a method of modifying the cab that would allow the use of the backhoe without having to remove the cab.