Wow!! jd really has a horrible 3pt lift capacity

/ Wow!! jd really has a horrible 3pt lift capacity #1  

yukonhunter

Silver Member
Tractor
John deere 5100m, mf1643 cab and kubota bx2370woods bb720x land pride disc and reverse tiller
I have the 4066r and wanted to get a genesis grain drill that weighs 2600lbs and thought that would be no problem...but I checked the specs and it out lyrics lifts 2500lbs....that so much less then comparable tractors....I'm so disappointed

Last edited:
   / Wow!! jd really has a horrible 3pt lift capacity #2  
Re: Would jd really has a horrible 3pt lift capacity

That does seem a bit weak, maybe a misprint? Mine is a fair bit less tractor and is rated at 2200 lift on the 3 point... machine weighs 2900.

/ Wow!! jd really has a horrible 3pt lift capacity
No misprint...it's really just that weak....it's depressing because it costs a fortune

/ Wow!! jd really has a horrible 3pt lift capacity #4  
I don't think Deere meant for them to be lift horses to begin with, just more power in a lighter package. I like the idea behind it, like you said, lift capacity is a drawback though.

Ronnie

/ Wow!! jd really has a horrible 3pt lift capacity #5  
With a fel and bucket up front it will lift close to 3,000 lbs. The design engineers rate everything conservatively.

Thanks man appreciate the input

/ Wow!! jd really has a horrible 3pt lift capacity #7  
It will lift 3100lbs at the pins, 2500lbs 24in back from the pins.

If the center of gravity of the drill is around 24inches or closer it will lift it no prob, if the drills center is further out like a bush hog is than that capacity is even less and prob won't lift it.

65hp on a 4 series tractor is rather impressive, mine is 48hp, seems the lift capacity from my tractor to yours is the same, both 2500lbs which tells me that the hydraulic flow rate is the same OR there being limited by there category 1 3pt hitches, idk.

/ Wow!! jd really has a horrible 3pt lift capacity #8  
I have the 4066r and wanted to get a genesis grain drill that weighs 2600lbs and thought that would be no problem...but I checked the specs and it out lyrics lifts 2500lbs....that so much less then comparable tractors....I'm so disappointed

I thought that is a lot of lift capacity even for such a small tractor. The drill you want to use belongs on a 5000 or 6000 series tractor.

This a a 66 hp tractor. Mahindra ls kioti and kubota all have 700 plus more lbs of lift power for similar tractors

/ Wow!! jd really has a horrible 3pt lift capacity #10  
65hp on a 4 series tractor is rather impressive, mine is 48hp, seems the lift capacity from my tractor to yours is the same, both 2500lbs which tells me that the hydraulic flow rate is the same OR there being limited by there category 1 3pt hitches, idk.
"Flow" has NOTHING to do with how much the 3 point will lift...

Flow has to do with how fast the cyl. (in this case, 3 point) will move, again, NOT how much power the 3 point has.

SR