JD310C Owner/Operator/Mechanic

/ JD310C Owner/Operator/Mechanic #1  

Rmbentley

Tractor
John Deere 310C
Ran fine in morning, shut off, tried to starter later, cranked over but would not start. A while since fuel filter change, so now changed, still will not start.
Seems as thought fuel solenoid will not open valve for fuel flow. Fuel flow is a small pencil lead size flow to mechanical fuel pump. Cannot hear solenoid clunk. Where is the solenoid located?

/ JD310C Owner/Operator/Mechanic #2  
Welcome to TBN.
Not a Deere owner, but look for any wires going to your injection pump that might indicate a solenoid location. Sounds like you're on the right track, looking for the clunk of the 'noid.

/ JD310C Owner/Operator/Mechanic #3  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to our John Deere section. Someone over there should know the specifics.

/ JD310C Owner/Operator/Mechanic
Confidence, confidence. Dirty fuse box. Cleaned, horn never work, now it does. Tried to start, just cranked, no fire. But I heard the solenoid clunk. Ready to call in an expert!!! Oh no. This cab is just to messy for an expert to see. So I began throwing things out the window...wait a can of ether. Try that. Squirted some into the air intake on the hood. It fired, coughed, and missed, stalled after ether used up---but it kept running and began to run smooth. Just air in the fuel lines.

Last edited:
   / JD310C Owner/Operator/Mechanic #5  
Thanks for letting us know you got it running again.

:welcome:

/ JD310C Owner/Operator/Mechanic #6  
Welcome to TBN
I'll suggest you only use ether as a starting aid as a very last resort. I suggest to use the ether starting aid if your tractor came equipped with it because the aid has an orifice limiting amount of ether that engine can ingest at on e time. The top rings on pistons are very easy to break lowering compression ratio using ether sprayed into air cleaner or intake.