New Deere

/ New Deere #1  

DFB

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s
Got a couple of a new (to us) tractors at work this week. A 2wd JD 5065e sync reverser and a MFWD 5095m power reverser and loader

Traded off the old 2855n Deere but still have the JD 4320 HST with loader and the Kubota M9000

new tractors 2.png 5065E.jpg 5095M.jpg

/ New Deere #3  
BIG congrats. :thumbsup:
Better fear that Deere.;)

/ New Deere #4  
Very nice machines....Congrats and good luck to you...

/ New Deere
Thomas it looks we are going all Green :D

Used to be 2 orange and ONE blue now its 3 green and one orange!

Two Bit Score...

The major work is running a PowerBlast trailer tank sprayer like in this picture

Usually the M9000 is committed to that its on weekly basis we spray all thru the season right up to harvest.

Then there is large Cat2 flail mower that was often used on the old 2855N so either one of the new recruits should run it but most likely it will be 5095M. There is hay work to be done too offsite too so one xtra tractor will be handy and we wont be short at the orchard. (But we shall see about THAT because the son has new plan to use two machines so he doesn't have to switch between the bailer and the haybine knowing him he will grab the 4320 for the tedder too :eek: ) And that should be enough to piss off the pope not to mention the mom and dad (I hate family run business)

So we usually run a 60" Woods Brush Bull rotary mower on the 4320 most all summer and rototill all the gardens with that too and have an old 5ft Sundowner tiller that we been using for years. Its been worked hard and just last year it needed some welding repair and reinforcement. Plus I put all brand tines and drive shaft on it but a local tractor equipment dealer is retiring so just picked up new tiller at good price.

A Woods I think it was (I didn't even look at it lol considering I used it Monday on the 5065e) while the new 36" plastic mulchlayer we just got from Earth Tools to replace my 24" unit Holland unit was on the 4320.

The 5065e is not the best machine for a rototiller as A range / 1st gear is 1 mile an hr a little to fast the 4320HST is so much better about 3/10 to 1/2 mph is what I usually do to get nice till for using the mulch layer. So we are adapting for the new setup.

I used to use my JD4100 HST for my small mulch layer with the tiller on the 4320. Now the 4320 will be pulling the 3ft mulch layer as it too wide to work correctly on my 4100.

Its good and bad for me I don't get xtra money for using my equipment but since our 450 dually dump just got sold off needed too many expensive repairs I have no way to haul any of the bigger tractors between properties either. Oh well boss is on vacation but I see a nice Dodge dump for sale on my way home this week from work so when he gets back we can talk about that :thumbsup:

So now we can maybe haul all the 4 wheeled flatbed wagons (have 3) around the orchard (these are the same as the haywagons we have just no sides) at harvest time and at any point we normally have two running all day long during that time picking up loads for the cooler. 50 to 60 boxes at a time on each wagon. That's a lot of weight on steep wet hills. MFWD is best the 2wd drives slide all over under certain conditions. I like loaders on too but the owners don't nor do they allow the ROPS up either going thru the orchard.

There also 3 pt hitch sprayer for spot jobs and fertilizer application that boss often wants to use at moments notice so hopefully there be free equipment for that too.

We also often dig our own gravel for small jobs and I've been using the 4320 compact but even with rear ballast its kind of light. That 95M is a beast plus the bucket has to be twice the capacity.

We have a NH sickle bar mower we don't ever use but maybe now we can. It was originally purchased to use with the 4320 but doesn't fit without an adapter which we never got and just had put it on the 2855n when available which was often never. :rolleyes:

Busy place it is and short season too here in the Northeast. I always like to say we are like rust...it just never stops :laughing:

/ New Deere
Hey I have a question. We have all the quicktatch for the 4320 and the loader forks anybody know if those forks will just hookup to the 563 loader on the 5095M

/ New Deere
So more fun in the sun (and rain) today :D

Been raining A LOT around here and the ground is just saturated in many places including several of our garden patches. So while the boss is out on vacation he expects his instant garden to be ready when he comes back.

Soo I always get to deal with less than ideal conditions and if it was up to me I would pick and choose the best times to work the soil, till and lay plastic just like I do for myself at my place but I digress. ;)

Now for the most part the new tiller (and btw its a Landpride RTR reverse tine right?) worked ok in two plots one the other day and one again this morning but this afternoon I headed for a 3rd patch and guess what? That RTR just bogged down and started smoking the slip clutch wicked!

Never have this problem under these conditions with our other tiller the Sundowner or my RTS Bushog but neither are reverse rotation. I may tighten the slip clutch up just a bit but it really is the nature of the beast with reverse tine in heavy soil...it just loads up and wont discharge even with the shield up. and instead piles up the soil just like box scraper would. That totally sucked today :)

So a few more hours on the 5065e its sycroshift works nice but its a light tractor and short wheel base compared to old 2855N. Nowhere near as heavy either I'm guessing but will have to check on that.

The front end came up kind of easily letting out the clutch going up steep slope and it slides all over in the mud. The 4320 did today too but I don't think my guy Juan had the MFWD engaged either.

The weather all spring and into summer this year has totally sucked so far for us. But have most all the plants in maybe 500 starts left to transplant on plastic.

Then the rutabaga crop can be put in! :eek:

rtr.jpg till.jpg

/ New Deere #8  
If clutch is smokin, then yes, you need to tighten the bolts equally all around.

/ New Deere
So I had an opportunity the run the big 95hp Deere today the 5095M

What dream to drive...weight, power and 16 fwd reverse sync shift. Really smooth.

The Kubota M9000 low profile is very a similar tractor Have to check the exact specs tractor data maybe but the Deere seems to have a shorter wheelbase and it definitely feels more compact.

Just a bit taller in the seat have to watch out for those tree branches :D

Just a quick update I did adjust the slip clutch some it made a bit a difference but this one actually needed to loosen the nuts or be adjusted outward to increase spring tension