Greasing the front pivot on a 2210

/ Greasing the front pivot on a 2210 #1  

mhalla

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
<font color="green"> It seems to me that it is taking an inordinate amount of pressure with my grease gun to force grease into the front pivot on my 2210, so much so that grease is being forced out past the threads where the zerk screws in.

For you other 2210 owners out there, does the grease go easily into the front pivot when you are lubing your tractor?

I thought of trying to lube the pivot point while using my FEL to take the tractor's weight off the front wheels but it got to late to try that tonight. I was curious if that would make a difference.

Mike

</font>

/ Greasing the front pivot on a 2210 #2  
I don't know anything about the 2210 but I have a Kubota L3010 that I greased last weekend. I had the same problem you are having and I guess the structures are at least similiar. I was trying to greast the fitting where the front axle pivots. I finally read the manual and found that there is a plug on the other side of the piviot that must be removed and grease applied until it flows out the hole. Then, of course, the plug is put back in.

/ Greasing the front pivot on a 2210 #3  
While mine seems to take grease, it still "squeaks" while going over rough terrain. I seem to remember a thread here some time ago about this. I've greased mine a couple times trying to quiet it down. Next procedure will be to raise the front axle and try to get the grease in while pivoting the axle.

/ Greasing the front pivot on a 2210 #4  
My M4900 is exactly the same way - It's all I can do to squeeze the grease in there and then it only takes a little.

After reading Logan's post I am going to check out the possibility of a plug (when all else fails, read the instructions). /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

TBone

/ Greasing the front pivot on a 2210 #5  
I didn't see it mentioned yet - Occasionaly I get grease points that won't take the grease - However when I shift the position of the BH or FEL it seems to be easier... try that.

/ Greasing the front pivot on a 2210
<font color="green">Nothing in the manual about a removing a plug on the rear of the pivot. Some grease must be going where it is supposed to 'cause it sounds like the squeek is gone.

I guess I thought the grease should flow from the gun and through the zerk into the fitting as easily as it does with the other fittings on my 2210.

Mike </font>

/ Greasing the front pivot on a 2210 #7  
hi

I just greased that fitting on my 2210 yesterday, I did have it raised off the floor with the loader and it took grease very easy. I haven't tried it sitting on the ground.

Phil

/ Greasing the front pivot on a 2210 #8  
Could it be that its full already? Mine took a ton of grease easily, now I feel resistance, so I assume its full and just try to top it off every now and then.

/ Greasing the front pivot on a 2210 #9  
That was my thread about the squeak. I could not get it to take grease. Called dealer, they came and picked it up. Said the bushing was not installed properly from factory.
Still today it does not seem to take grease well. There is not squeak. It may take a half of stroke from the gun before it gets hard and won't take any more. I too thought the grease ought to come out somewhere. I have tried wheels off the ground and on the ground, did not notice difference.

/ Greasing the front pivot on a 2210 #10  
I've had an occasional grease fitting just plain not work. Ball stuck or just not assembled corrrectly. Unless the pivot assembly is very tight and very welll sealed, it shouldn't be that tight. Try unscrewing the fitting and see if it flows any grease. If not, replace it. The none of the fittings on my 2210 are tight like that.