Backhoe Hydraulic sag, Power beyond, MMM, 485 backhoe

/ Hydraulic sag, Power beyond, MMM, 485 backhoe #1  

MNgrayBeard

Tractor
JD 3720
I just purchased a JD 3720 (2012) and a collection of attachments from our son including a 485 backhoe It has the Power Beyond rear hydraulic ports for the 485. It also has the hydraulic lift kit with rock shaft for the 72D mid-mount mower and that uses one of the PB ports for pressure and the 3rd SCV.

The problem is when I unplug the line to the mower lift to plug in the 485, the mower lift sags to its lowest position. While I'm not planning on mowing with the 485 mounted, I would like to use the 485 without having to remove the mower lift.

Any thoughts on how to keep the lift (without mower attached) in the up position to keep it from dragging on the ground while I'm using the 485? Would it be wise to put a clip, rope, or light chain in place to hold it there?

Thanks in advance!

/ Hydraulic sag, Power beyond, MMM, 485 backhoe #2  
Would it be wise to put a clip, rope, or light chain in place to hold it there?

Do you see any reason why that would not be wise? seems something is needed to hold it up.

:welcome: to TBN

/ Hydraulic sag, Power beyond, MMM, 485 backhoe #3  
I'm confused what your plumbing setup is. Assuming your tractor is configured similarly to the 4000 series...from the factory you would use the third SCV to lift the deck and the power beyond is only used for the backhoe. Should be able to have both hooked up simultaneously. Can you post some pictures?

/ Hydraulic sag, Power beyond, MMM, 485 backhoe #4  
On my 3320 there is a pin that sets the mower height. I always remove my deck and then put the pin back in after raising the linkage to full height. This prevents the mower linkage from dropping once the hydraulic line is unplugged.

/ Hydraulic sag, Power beyond, MMM, 485 backhoe #5  
I'm confused what your plumbing setup is. Assuming your tractor is configured similarly to the 4000 series...from the factory you would use the third SCV to lift the deck and the power beyond is only used for the backhoe. Should be able to have both hooked up simultaneously. Can you post some pictures?

^^^^
This.
If you are plugging the MMM into a PB port, you are deadheading the system at can cause some damage by overheating the fluid or ruining the pump.

I can get a picture of my 3720 if needed for clarification.