John Deere 6115M - CCU 96.03 & 96.17 - fuel error codes

/ John Deere 6115M - CCU 96.03 & 96.17 - fuel error codes #1  

mrmvt

Tractor
John Deere
hello. I'm encountering the following two error codes this morning. tractor is running fine and fuel is full. okay to keep running it as we get repaired via JD? sounded lower priority (..repair at earliest convenience..) vs. an urgent shut down and fix type issue.

CCU 000096.03 Fuel Level System Fuel Level Circuit Problem. Turn key switch to RUN position (engine off). Check fuel level. If code returns, have John Deere dealer repair at earliest convenience.

CCU 000096.17 Fuel Level Low Turn key switch to RUN position (engine off). Check fuel level. If code returns have John Deere dealer repair at earliest convenience.

/ John Deere 6115M - CCU 96.03 & 96.17 - fuel error codes #2  
It should be fine to run it. Just don't trust the fuel gauge reading on instrument panel. Sounds like a problem with the sending unit or wiring leading to it.

/ John Deere 6115M - CCU 96.03 & 96.17 - fuel error codes #3  
It should be fine to run it. Just don't trust the fuel gauge reading on instrument panel. Sounds like a problem with the sending unit or wiring leading to it.

I've had a 2640 I've been haying with for years that's fuel gauage has said it was empty since I acquired it...Fill the tank every break and pay attention to when you take your breaks...:)

/ John Deere 6115M - CCU 96.03 & 96.17 - fuel error codes #4  
The new common rail engines are a bit more sensitive to running out of fuel. Some will shut down and not allow you to restart it the fuel level gets too low. Just be aware that if the sender fails completely the computer may shut the tractor down on you.