Oil filter coincidence

/ Oil filter coincidence #1  

cadblaster

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2210
I was checking for the oil filter P/N for my car this morning. When the Fram number came back it sounded awfully familiar. Sure enough it is the same oil filter that I x-ref'd awhile back for the 2210. That's convenient! Of course, I haven't found it locally yet, but at least there is a better chance that I will.

/ Oil filter coincidence #2  
So what is the car and # that fits???? Don't keep us in suspense here!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Oil filter coincidence #3  
A few years back, a buddy of mine just bought a Sentra and we were poking around under the hood. He said you gotta see the oil filter for this thing, it's tiny!! He then showed me one he had in the trunk. Sure looked familiar so I went and got one of my JD 4100 filters and...same unit. The Sentra's was a SuperTech 6607, the Wal-Mart brand. I've been using them ever since. Less than half the price of the JD.

Donny

/ Oil filter coincidence
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sentra's was a SuperTech 6607, the Wal-Mart brand. I've been using them ever since. Less than half the price of the JD.)</font>

That would probably be the same filter that fits my car. The Fram crossover # is PH6607. No coincidence that I also drive a Nissan Product (Infiniti FX35).

FYI the Purolator crossover # is L14612. Both web sites www.fram.com, and www.pureoil.com can cross check filters. I tried to crossover the Hydraulic filter but no luck there on either. I think my dealer charges something like $21 for that one.

/ Oil filter coincidence #5  
Hey cadblaster, try WIX's site http://www.wixfilters.com/ for a cross reference chart. I've been able to find a cross there for every filter on my X595, 955 and 310D backhoe, car/truck, motorcycle, etc..

If there's a NAPA store nearby, the WIX number, minus the "5" prefix their numbers start with, is the NAPA number (a WIX 51395 is NAPA 1395, as an example). Good filters and good prices.