Grease for my 2210

/ Grease for my 2210 #1  

wickman

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD2210
I know this topic has been discussed before but please fogive me. I'd like to buy a tube of the appropriate JD grease to use on all of the zerks of my 2210, 62"MMM, and FEL. If I can do this with the same grease, what grease would I buy? A partnumber or exact name would be great. I'm not using my machine in any harsh or wet conditions... except mowing this spring... pretty wet.

Thanks,

wickman

/ Grease for my 2210 #2  
Wickman,

You can go with the JD grease recommended in your owners manual and available at the JD dealer. Or, I recommend using a synthetic grease in all locations. I used Mobile 1's synthetic grease in my 445 tractor and mmm for over 7 years with excellent results. I have also started using this grease in my new 2210.

The benefits of synthetic greases are many. It provides added protection at higher temperatures as it will not thin out excessively or “coke” (burn) thus providing protection well beyond standard greases. Synthetics are also more consistent as they do not have lighter components that can evaporate away, leaving behind a thick sludge with less protection.

I also used synthetic motor oils in my two Deeres. The 445 went 7 years and 700+ hours with oil changes about every 50 hours and never used a drop of oil. I ran the factory break in oil for the first 50 hours on the new 2210 and now I’ve changed it over to the Mobile 1 5w30.

At less than two quarters per oil change, it is well worth the investment. Same for the synthetic grease, a tube will last quite a long time that it is a good investment for the money.

I hope this helps.

John
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Grease for my 2210 #3  
I got a great deal ($2.35/tube!!) on a case of the new JD polyurea synthetic grease, and use it for everything - cars/trucks, 310D backhoe, X595, 955.

Even stuck some on the missus' glider swing and got rid of that "screech/scronch" I used to hear all the time in the background while I'm working and she's swinging (on the swing, that is /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif).