Curtis Cab

/ Curtis Cab #1  

jgbanshee

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 310SE, JD 4300, JD 5210, JD 450 Crawler, CAT D3B, Ford 2N, Ford 5000 Ford 4000su, Ford 1100
Does anyone have any photos of their Curtis Cab with soft doors on a JD 42/43/4400 model tractor? I bought a 2001 JD 4200 with this style cab but the front lower window above the hood is broken out of it. I would like to either replace or make a window to fit this spot but it appears to have brackets to open this window. Looking for photos of how it attaches and ideas for a replacement window. Also looking for any ideas to close the back off for winter snow plowing. Thanks

/ Curtis Cab #2  
No pics here but Curtis Industries has an ok website for parts catalog breakdowns, you might head to their site and look at the parts breakdowns.

/ Curtis Cab #3  
For what it's worth, I emailed Curtis Cab numerous times for some broken window latches and never got a reply. Terrible customer service!

/ Curtis Cab #4  
I've got a window if you still need one. If interested nI can take pics. Let me know

/ Curtis Cab #5  
Older post but I'll chime in again. I would imagine that birdlover had difficulty as he was trying to order direct from the oem, when in reality he should have used the dealer locator link and contacted the dealer of his choice. As far as I know Curtis does not sell outside of their dealer network, but just about any "tractor" type dealer has the ability to become a curtis dealer.

/ Curtis Cab #6  
Well they could have at least answered my emails. They were completely ignored. I stand by my claim of "terrible customer service"

/ Curtis Cab #7  
Well they could have at least answered my emails. They were completely ignored. I stand by my claim of "terrible customer service"
I second that emotion. Took me 13 weeks to get a replacement window. This was after numerous calls and emails.

/ Curtis Cab #8  

Dealers likely don't want corporate to talk to you direct.. similar to corporate JD and their dealers. Best go to the dealers for help and hope that they become interested. Good luck.

/ Curtis Cab #9  
I'm pretty sure they will only sell through a John Deere dealer, in my case, that was the only way. I received replacement bolts from them through my dealer . . . no charge, but I think my dealer smooth talked them on the phone for the replacement bolts.

I replaced my rear window - with a nice piece of Acrylite OP-3 Museum Quality Sheeting. And has been great during the snow blowing season. Nothing fancy. Put holes in the plexiglass to match up with the bolt holes on the Curtis Cab.

*** THIS POST HAS BEEN CORRECTED WITH THE CORRECT NAME OF THE WINDOW REPLACEMENT MATERIAL.***

FredSG

Last edited:
   / Curtis Cab #10  
I'm pretty sure they will only sell through a John Deere dealer, in my case, that was the only way. I received replacement bolts from them through my dealer . . . no charge, but I think my dealer smooth talked them on the phone for the replacement bolts.

I replaced my rear window - with a nice plexiglass piece. And has been great during the snow blowing season. Nothing fancy. Put holes in the plexiglass to match up with the bolt holes on the Curtis Cab.

FredSG

FYI when replacing glass with plastic I strongly recommend you use Lexan polycarbonate instead of Plexiglass acrylic. Acrylic plastic is brittle and breaks with sharp edges like non safety glass. Polycarbonate is flexible and you most likely cannot break it. In regular form it will mar easily but it won't break.