Greasing Help

/ Greasing Help #1  

ebeb

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4410
4410, 430 FEL and 48 BH.

Up to 25 hours now but still working on my greasing efforts.

Biggest challenge is I am sure that I am missing spots when I do my greasing. In working on the FEL today I found two spots I had never seen before.

Anyone got any good advice or a list they use to insure they get them all?

And while on the subject, any recommendations on frequency of greasing?

Thanks

Eric

/ Greasing Help #2  
Your manual will tell all of the points to grease at and I grease at about 15 hours.

/ Greasing Help #3  
Get in to a routine. Work top to bottom, bottom to top, left to right, tractor then attachments etc... find whatever method works for you and stick to it. Don't just grab a gun and start greasing randomly. Think and plan about how you are to perform the task before you jump in to it.

/ Greasing Help #4  
Good advice....when I grease my 420 loader I raise the arms and curl the bucket to permit access to the fittings there, then lower the bucket and continue doing the remainder of the fittings. What I do, I pressure wash the old grease off the FEL and chassis fittings and then grease them until the old grease is expelled, then wipe off the old stuff with rags. I've got a commercial grade 24 inch long flex hose on the greasegun that I use for all the fittings. The JD grease is so good I have started using it for chassis lube on our vehicles !!!

/ Greasing Help #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anyone got any good advice or a list they use to insure they get them all?)</font>

RTFM. Then Xerox the lubrication diagram and nail itt to the wall.

My lube interval on the loader depends on use, but is about every 10 hours or every snow plowing. Since those are all loose pins, the only down side to over greasingh is the mess.

As far as the tractor is concerned, I service with one eye on the clock and one on what I plan to do next. I did a full service last weekend, a little early, because I was mounting the MMM and thought it would be easier to grease and oil the beast without the mower in the way.

/ Greasing Help #6  
The JD grease is so good I have started using it for chassis lube on our vehicles !!!

Dang right! I love the JD grease too. Nothin but the best for my Deere.

/ Greasing Help #7  
<font color="green"> Dang right! I love the JD grease too </font>

Is it good on chili dogs?! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Greasing Help #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue">Is it good on chili dogs?! </font> )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Greasing Help #9  
You know it! No it really is good grease. I don't know what you use but you should give it a try. Protect the investment.