Got my dream machine yesterday JD4510

/ Got my dream machine yesterday JD4510 #11  
This chart may assist:

Attachments

• Wheel Spacings.jpg
    Wheel Spacings.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 145
   / Got my dream machine yesterday JD4510
Thank you sir but Im too dumb to figure it out, lol. I will do a search and see if I can find some info on what that chart is showing. I know there is lots of adjustments but I’m not sure what to adjust.

/ Got my dream machine yesterday JD4510 #13  
Thats the left tire when standing behind the tractor. The rim has offset mounts for the center hub. Took me forever to figure it out on my 4510. Almost turning 1500 hours with no issues.

Thanks. Now the question can one person handle pulling a loaded tire and changing the mount position? No clue how heavy the wheel and tire are, but I bet they aren’t light.

/ Got my dream machine yesterday JD4510 #15  
Thanks. Now the question can one person handle pulling a loaded tire and changing the mount position? No clue how heavy the wheel and tire are, but I bet they aren’t light.

Some people definitely couldn't, but I've done it alone before with my loaded 13.6x28s. I'm guessing a former Marine/ current firefighter can handle it. Do it on flat ground, and have some good jack stands. Also, get a 24"x24" or so scrap of plywood. Smear grease on the plywood and put that under the tire. Having a slick surface under the tire makes lining up the bolt holes about 10x easier. Also, if one of those wheels start to tip, get the heck out of the way!! It's worth doing though, it makes a huge difference having them spaced wider.

Ok thanks for the advice, it’s on the to do list.
Found the injector return lines are dry rotted a bit or a critter got to one. I fixed it with some fuel line but I figure I’ll buy a full new set for all 4 and do it right. I really dislike being covered in Diesel. Guess I’m sleeping out side tonight, the Warden (wife lol)doesn’t like it either.

Completed a full service today, amazed how clean this thing is after crawling around it most of the day. Need a few things but they are age related and to be expected. I got super lucky.

/ Got my dream machine yesterday JD4510 #17  
Well Gents I have been looking for about 2 years for the right 4500/4600/4700 or 10 series to buy. I wanted a smallish machine with a high lift capacity. I quickly learned while I like my 3032e the 305 loader is a bit anemic. I tried a buddy痴 4310 with the 430 and almost purchased it but found it was low as well.
I had almost driven 6-7hrs one way to look at one of these. Yesterday the planets aligned and a guy 40min from me had one for sale. Get this 4510 original owner, 176hours, MFWD, Power Reverser, loaded tires, 6 LX Cutter, 6 Frontier rake. Now the not so great is it痴 sat outside under a tree it痴 entire life, cracked hood, side panels are going to go soon but mechanically 100% sound. She needs a little shine and some plastic, I値l give her a full service this week. Man I知 too old to be this excited!!!

View attachment 529958View attachment 529959View attachment 529960

Oh and does anyone know a good source for the hood/ sides? Normal search showed ebay for about $420 hood, $150 sides. Thanks Gents, Rye.

Looks great, nice find. You might want to consider this product for the wheel rims. RustOleum ReColor | As Seen on TV | Wipe New | Official Site

Hey if that stuff works I'm in, thanks.

So I pulled one wheel off and wrestled it around, I see how it adjusts. Now the question is how wide? I looked at some pics online and it seems most run it in the #4 position which leads to just inside the width of the bucket. That makes sense to me when digging in material to have tires just inside.
Now of course I can go wider, but at what point is it too wide? My trailer is only 84” so it’s got to be less than that.
What say you? I was thinking #4, it’s a #2 now so I would pick up 8” in width.
#5 would put me at 75” or 1.5” wider than the bucket. Am I over thinking this?
#7 would put me at 83”and barely fit on my trailer so that’s max.

What to do???

/ Got my dream machine yesterday JD4510 #20  
For the hood and side panel, eBay is probably your best bet. Finding good used ones would be very difficult.

When widening the rear wheels, I'd leave about 3" clearance between the inner sidewall of the tire and the fender...you'll want that for tire chains, if you ever decide to buy them.