part for steering arm on jd 2720

/ part for steering arm on jd 2720 #1  

schmid

Tractor
john deere 2720
i would like to start with saying this is a great place to get information on my jd equipment. i have came here many times for answers to problems.it is a great bunch of my kind of people. my question is on my 2720 i noticed the steering arm dose not have a part that limits how far you can turn the wheels. i am not sure what it is called but my 4115 has one on each side as did the 2520 i had. i looked it up on jd parts and cant find it, at least it dose not show one. im not sure what it is called or even if i need it. i have seen pics on tbn of 2720's and they have them there tractors. i just put wheel spacers on mine and thats when i noticed there was none on mine. anyone with input on this i would be very thankful.

/ part for steering arm on jd 2720 #2  
I have a 2720 with the JD front wheel spacers and I do not have any kind of steering limiter. Looking at the front axle and spindle parts diagrams for the 4115, 2520 and 2720, none of them show any type of steering limiter tab.

/ part for steering arm on jd 2720
thanks jgayman. how do you like the wheel spacers?

/ part for steering arm on jd 2720 #4  
There really isn't much to like or dislike about the spacers. Without them it would be impossible to use chains on the front tires. I'm a little disappointed that JD made the steering linkage clearances so tight on a tractor and that I had to spend $200 to fix the problem. Even with the spacers the chains just barely clear the steering tie rod ends. I've had the spacers on for over 4 years now and everything has been working fine.

/ part for steering arm on jd 2720 #5  
jg
Don't think Deere intends for the 2720 to have chains on the front tires.. we do that at our own risk. ;)

I flipped the front wheels to get wider stance, plus have room for chains (on 4300).

/ part for steering arm on jd 2720 #6  
jg
Don't think Deere intends for the 2720 to have chains on the front tires.. we do that at our own risk. ;)

I flipped the front wheels to get wider stance, plus have room for chains (on 4300).

Not so. The front wheels on the 2720 (and 2032R) are not reversible. If you reverse them it does not change the width AND the valve stems can then hit the tie rod ends.

JD makes the front spacers specifically to accommodate tire chains. It even mentions it right in the parts list (see below).

4 LVU12475 Spacer 2 WHEEL (USE WITH TIRE CHAINS)

/ part for steering arm on jd 2720 #7  
Ok...