Amber lens replacements?

/ Amber lens replacements? #1  

Gary_in_Indiana

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket
I have a lot of trees and heavy bush growth I mow around and have for a while now. For some reason this season I have managed to break three of my four ROPS mounted amber (and amber and red) plastic lenses. I was at the parts counter picking up some new mower blades a couple weeks ago and priced a set for one lamp. I believe the front was eleven dollars and the rear was thirteen. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif The entire lamp assembly was only ten bucks more. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Folks, were talking molded plastic here and, while I know OEM parts are expensive and green paint (or anything that attached to something with green paint, apparently) is even more expensive, I thought this was just ridicuous. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Does anyone know if these are available anywhere else? I'm sure Deere doesn't actually make them so it's just a matter of knowing who their supplier is and finding out if they make the same light under a different name. Thanks in advance for any help with this. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Amber lens replacements? #2  
The Supplier is Speaker...

There are Brush guards available. ~$38

Some owners have switched them to the inside.

Do you really need them? They are there for on road use...

/ Amber lens replacements?
I really only use them when I'm mowing at the road side of the ditch or using the box blade at the end of the drive, but, being conservative when it comes to things like this, I'll definitely replace them. Thanks for the supplier info. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now it's just a matter of finding someone around here who handles them. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Amber lens replacements? #5  
This may seem a bit off the track - but if the bulbs go out on the ROPS lights or the backlighting kit (attaches to the ROPS and attaches to the wiring harness) where do you get those? Same place?

Thanks!

-Bob

/ Amber lens replacements?
Bob,

Those bulbs are as common as they come. Any auto parts store and a lot of other places have them. They are simply called 1156 and 1157. You should have no trouble finding them. When you replace them, put a little grease on the metal base before you insert them inito the sockets. You'll get a better connection and help keep moisture out.

/ Amber lens replacements? #7  
Ok. I figured as much - although the backup light looks like one complete kit with no way to get at the bulbs.

Thanks!

-Bob