Loader Anyone want to trade before I paint it red?

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #1  

Maverick22

Tractor
Mahindra 6500 4x4, IH 706, Yanmar YM240
Hello - I needed a loader bucket and came across this one at an auction. It was at a dealer, a new takeoff but it's been sitting for a while. Everything appears to be there, including the carrier and a grille guard. It's 73" wide, he said it was for a 300-500 series loader. For what I paid for it I can afford to cut off the JD attachments and weld on a skid steer plate, but before I did that I figured I'd post here and see if anyone could use it? I really just need a skid steer ready bucket. I can use the grille guard but I'd have to modify it too. It's heavy, all 1/2" plate. Let me know if you have any questions!

img.jpgimg2.jpg

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #2  
So that also has the quick attach loader part, too?

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red?
Yeah it appears to. I'm not an expert on JD carriers but there's a groove in the top of the carrier that the bucket hooks into and then a little nub at the bottom of the bucket that slides on and pins. There's also 4 1/2" half moon plates that I think hook onto the loader arms and then the big pivot arm that attaches to the carrier and the cylinder.

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #4  
You got it posted in the right section but the title maybe not drawing people to this thread like it should (just my opinion). "300-500 series loader quick connecting 73" HD bucket" ...listing the series will bring anyone with one to the thread - God knows I read everything about the standard L's :D

Replying to it (bumping it) helps bring attention to it ;)

There was an old kubota dealer in Knightdale that went out of business a long time ago, they had (and according to google maps, still do) have lots of old FEL buckets. A while back, they let me look around and was amazed at how many they had (and other "junk"). I think they were letting the buckets go for $200. They were all too big for my little tractor...

Anyway, I'm sure someone would love this deal... In 10 years, you'll get a post about "Is this still available??" :laughing:

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #5  
Would be a lot of work and a total shame to butcher that. I would get a price on what you need and put those parts on CL for the money you need to buy it.

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #6  
A cutting torch would make short work of that. But yes it's a shame. That series of tractor must be fairly small. Those top fingers that carry the load look quite sketchy.

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red?
Would be a lot of work and a total shame to butcher that. I would get a price on what you need and put those parts on CL for the money you need to buy it.

What's this thing even worth? I can't find a comparable bucket for less than $1,000-$1,500.

A cutting torch would make short work of that. But yes it's a shame. That series of tractor must be fairly small. Those top fingers that carry the load look quite sketchy.

Yeah, the back is all flat so it wouldn't take much to cut the hooks off and grind it smooth and weld on a skid steer plate. As to being small, guess that's relative, maybe compared to a 250hp tractor but in my research it looks like it was used on 90-120 HP tractors. Actually, while I have the expert's attention, can anyone help with what style it really is? Here's a link to a 500 series and a 600 series from Deere.

The base of the bracket where it pins on the "nub" on the bucket looks like the 500 series, but in that one the cylinder hooks directly to the bracket but mine has that pivoting link that connects to the bracket and then to the cylinder. It's hard to see in the pic but then there's 2 half moon plates that hook to each side of the loader arm and that pivoting link. It looks like the 600 series has those plates but I can't really tell how it pins at the bottom of the bucket.

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #8  
Maybe the picture is deceiving. It looks like my equipment would just bend those tabs out flat.

Do yourself a favor and tack the plate on good but try it's full range of motion. I have a few SS attachments I made where I am not happy with the final range of tool angle. Sometimes you have to build the plate out at the bottom, which looks kind of hoaky.

/ Anyone want to trade before I paint it red? #9  
Almost looks like the top links are installed upside down on the bucket.