New member / injector

/ New member / injector #1  

Claud

Tractor
John Deere 955
Dear All,

I am very new to forums and such so please be patient. I live on the Island of Moorea in French Polynesia and have recently just purchased a John Deere 955 for our permaculture garden project.

I was wondering if somebody could help me with the part number for a john Deere 955 injector, it seems a very elusive number.

Many thanks,

/ New member / injector #3  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Claud. Glad you joined and you came to the right place to get answers.

/ New member / injector
Thanks Wagtail,

I can see the injector part number but the pump looks different and I dont see 955 on the list. Im thinking this injector may be different to the 955 unit.

But thank you.

/ New member / injector #5  
Nice to have you on board. Gives us another insight to other parts of the world and their problems. Look up a JD dealer on the web and have them research it for you. Your writing sounds like you are US or British educated.

Ron

/ New member / injector #6  
Welcome to TBN and the forum. Wow! One short statement and I had to look up two things. Permaculture is a most interest farming method and, by Jove, you truly are out there in the middle of the pond. I could see how parts availability would be somewhat of a concern.

/ New member / injector
Hi All,

We are pretty remote, parts, dealers and information is not easy to come by, plus anything shipped in is subject to between 30-57% customs duty. The tractor I purchased had been sitting in the jungle for 8 years, took a while just to get to it. After getting it home some tinkering +/- 4 hr's later the engine started, the injector plunges are seized so she revved up, luckily had anticipated for this and blocked the intake :) I have ordered rear tyres, and all the filters, will order new injectors and strip the injector pump this weekend.

Thanks for the interest, permaculture is the way forward nothing better than eating real food that you have grown :)

/ New member / injector #8  
:welcome: Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our John Deere section to see if we can get you some help.

/ New member / injector #9  
From jdparts, the injector nozzle part no. looks to be AM877675, on Amazon for $180 USD

Schematic looks like this.. hopefully will help you find what you need.

Attachments

• 955_injector_nozzle.jpg
    955_injector_nozzle.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 218
   / New member / injector
From jdparts, the injector nozzle part no. looks to be AM877675, on Amazon for $180 USD

Schematic looks like this.. hopefully will help you find what you need.

Thank you "beenthere" just what I was looking for :)