John Deere 2155 won稚 start

/ John Deere 2155 won稚 start #1  

Nole0001

Tractor
John Deere 2155
Hi I have been working on a John Deere 2155 that won稚 start I replaced the Solenoid on the starter it still won稚 start now I have no power to my ignition switch help thank you

/ John Deere 2155 won稚 start #2  
First check ground at chaccic....then....fuses....circitbreaker....neutral startswitch

/ John Deere 2155 won稚 start #3  
Welcome to TBN
If not already performed I will recommend relocating negative battery cable connection from battery box to starter mounting bolt or engine block. I wonder if your tractor has had a JD starter relay kit(see photo below) added? Neutral start switches have a history of loosing some movement of ball by shift rail. One can remove a sealing washer or 2 on switch to sometimes gain better connections on switch. BTW switch is located on top of rockshaft housing.

Attachments

• LX003802_______UN01JAN94.gif
    LX003802_______UN01JAN94.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 548
   / John Deere 2155 won稚 start #4  
I also have a jd 2155 that will not start the battery is good but when I turn on the switch no lights come on the the dash and won’t start. Can anyone give me any help

/ John Deere 2155 won稚 start #5  
I also have a jd 2155 that will not start the battery is good but when I turn on the switch no lights come on the the dash and won’t start. Can anyone give me any help

Have you checked the fuses? (Not just blown but 'seated' properly)

The same thing goes for all of the wiring/cables... the battery posts may look fine but the cables themselves may be corroded/brittle just under the insulation. Engine vibration is a real 'bugbear' and can loosen many connections over time.

/ John Deere 2155 won稚 start #6  
I’ve checked all the fuses I will check the wiring tomorrow thanks

/ John Deere 2155 won稚 start #7  
Saying "battery is good".. and does that mean the battery has been load tested?

If not load tested, and more than 5 yrs old, I'd be thinking it needs replacing.