Switching parts from one JD 670 to another

/ Switching parts from one JD 670 to another #1  

JD670green

Tractor
John Deere 670
HI all.
A little over a ago we purchased a small farm that came with a JD 670.
It also came with a mid mount mowing deck and a rear mount snowblower. Both have been great!
What we really need though is a front end loader.
Unfortunately Ours does not have the forward hydraulic hook up. We had gone to the JD dealer who had been servicing our tractor and they said that since we do not have the hook up, we would be better off buying a new tractor.

Recently we found another JD 670 that already had the front loader .... but it does not have the mid mount PTO for mowing deck.

Of the two 670s, our tractor is in better shape, but has more hours. If possible we would prefer to keep ours and put the parts we need from the other tractor onto ours then sell the other tractor with the snowblower.
If not possible, we are considering purchasing and keeping the other tractor and selling ours .... but we really prefer a mid mount mowing deck.

SO here are my questions:
Is it possible to transfer the hydraulics from the potential new tractor to our old one and put the FE loader on? If so, how challenging is it?

If not possible, how challenging is it to add mid mount PTO to a 670?

/ Switching parts from one JD 670 to another #2  
:welcome: to TBN
Should be possible to make that switch.. as to "challenging", that would depend on your skills.. likely removing the fenders, tire, hyd. connections, etc.

Look at jdparts and see if you can review the parts of the SCV involved, and make your decision..
John Deere - Parts Catalog

Is NE for New England, or the state of NE (Nebraska) ?

/ Switching parts from one JD 670 to another
Yes sorry ... New England. I will look at the parts now.
Thanks

What do you think would be easier ... adding front hydraulics to ours or adding mid mount to the other.

/ Switching parts from one JD 670 to another #5  
Adding the mid mount pto is easier

/ Switching parts from one JD 670 to another #6  
First blush, one you will be working underneath on the mid mount, vs. standing up and working above on the SCV. Part wise, the mid mount may be fewer parts..

Again, see if you can sort that out from the jdparts site.

As well, others with more knowledge than I may chime in with better answers.

I am looking at the parts and diagrams now.

Do you think 7K is a good price for a JD 670 with loader? 800 hours.

Thanks everyone for your input.

/ Switching parts from one JD 670 to another #10  
I had a jd 770 new with loader it was about 13k