2k 4300 weak loader functionality

/ 2k 4300 weak loader functionality #1  

paulcapasso

Bronze Member
Tractor
2000 JD 4300 / 2006 155C
Hello everyone, in the last 6 months I have noticed a decrease in power in my loader. Im thinking my front hydraulics may be at fault, but i want to be sure. I have rebuilt the lift cylinders 2 years ago, but both lift and curl capabilities are weak now. It is a 430 loader, no air in lines and no leaks. Ideas would be appreciated. Yes I use JD hyguard as book recomends.

/ 2k 4300 weak loader functionality #2  
Get a pressure gauge. Before doing that....anything else is about pointless. You can start replacing expensive parts in hopes you might get lucky. But a $20 pressure gauge and see what your system is running is where I'd start first

/ 2k 4300 weak loader functionality
Get a pressure gauge. Before doing that....anything else is about pointless. You can start replacing expensive parts in hopes you might get lucky. But a $20 pressure gauge and see what your system is running is where I'd start first
Thought of that too. Ill get one. Is there any adjustments for pressures on the machine anywhere?

/ 2k 4300 weak loader functionality #4  
Thought of that too. Ill get one. Is there any adjustments for pressures on the machine anywhere?

Probably. But you may have a weak pump, or a loader valve leaking by, or the rebuilt cylinders leaking by. Lots of possibilities. But you dont want to even think of messing with the pressure until you have a gauge.

/ 2k 4300 weak loader functionality #5  
No mention of when last hyd. oil and filter change, as well as the screen cleaned. Any history?

What precipitated the lift cylinders being re-done? Just curious... nothing implied.

Fluid change needs to be done. Its just shy of 500hr hydro change. Screen was clean last time, ill keep that in mind.

/ 2k 4300 weak loader functionality #7  
Hello everyone, in the last 6 months I have noticed a decrease in power in my loader. Im thinking my front hydraulics may be at fault, but i want to be sure. I have rebuilt the lift cylinders 2 years ago, but both lift and curl capabilities are weak now. It is a 430 loader, no air in lines and no leaks. Ideas would be appreciated. Yes I use JD hyguard as book recomends.

Sounds like a lift cylinder piston seal. One of them pops out on my 430 loader if I let the loader all the way to the ground when I leave the machine. If I work the loader up and down a bunch of times and bounce it, it will pop back in. You can check by putting a load beyond lifting capacity on the forks, then taking off a hose on the retract side of the lift cylinders and then pulling back on the joystick to lift the loader. If fluid is coming out of the retract circuit, you've lost a piston seal. Pull the line off of one side at a time to figure out which one. When mine does it it seems like it's losing curl force too, but it can't be. I think the falling lift arms make it look like it since the effective area is only the rod area.

/ 2k 4300 weak loader functionality #8  

Any easy place to tap in and leave one installed permanently? I think it would be handy to have one dash mounted for estimating weights and knowing how close I am to "too much".

Update, will be a bit until i get the gauge, and blew a line yesterday. It was a beautiful "Pop" sound with a 15 foot spray of Hyguard across my hood. Im sure the grass is gonna have issues there this year. LOL

Sounds like a lift cylinder piston seal. One of them pops out on my 430 loader if I let the loader all the way to the ground when I leave the machine. If I work the loader up and down a bunch of times and bounce it, it will pop back in. You can check by putting a load beyond lifting capacity on the forks, then taking off a hose on the retract side of the lift cylinders and then pulling back on the joystick to lift the loader. If fluid is coming out of the retract circuit, you've lost a piston seal. Pull the line off of one side at a time to figure out which one. When mine does it it seems like it's losing curl force too, but it can't be. I think the falling lift arms make it look like it since the effective area is only the rod area.
Losing curl force. Lift force is ok. But blew one of the curl lines yesterday. Ill just rebuild them anyway.