JD 2305 transmission

/ JD 2305 transmission #1  

Drtumolo

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305
Should a 2305 be able to spin tires on loose soil in 4 wheel and low range? I was running at about 2800 rpm. I was trying to tow something very heavy up hill in loose soil and the tractor would not move and the engine did not bog and tires did not spin. I am thinking prv might be faulty.

/ JD 2305 transmission #2  
It should have dug holes until it's frame was on the ground.

/ JD 2305 transmission
That is what I expected but it just sat there with a high pitch whine and no movement and no change in rpm

/ JD 2305 transmission #4  
Did you have a lot of tongue weight on the rear of the tractor? In loose soil I would suspect it would still spin but not 100% positive. I know on my BX1850 if I pulled real hard with lots of tongue wight (close to lifting the front) it would struggle to spin the tires on level ground.

/ JD 2305 transmission #5  
oldnsol is right, if the tongue weight was extreme, the transmission would stall.

how heavy was your tow?

/ JD 2305 transmission #6  
it really sounds like you are in High range..

also curious of how heavy the load is

brian

/ JD 2305 transmission
I was in low range and the chipper weighs about 2000 lbs. I was trying to go up hill but nothing very steep. The thing that surprised me is that the rpms didn't die off at all and there was no wheel spin. I expected as long as I had traction the engine would die off before the prv opened.

/ JD 2305 transmission #8  
Forward pressure relief valve about a $600 item.. is it serviceable? or adjustable?
part # LVA803403

/ JD 2305 transmission #9  
Possible silly question but... if one of the rear rims was spinning inside the tire shouldn稚 one of the front tires also spin if locked in 4wd?

Reason for asking is that I have read multiple reports of rims spinning and owners thinking there tranny was failing.

/ JD 2305 transmission #10  
old

Interesting, as never have heard of a rim spinning inside the tire... learned something new today.. (again)