John Deere round baler tying

/ John Deere round baler tying #1  

Rancheralaska

Hi friends, I am having probs with a JD-435 round baler. Tried everything in MY book, but the darn thing takes the twine tubes only to the first sweep & will not return to finish & cut, grrr. The pump is OK & I tried the blow compressed air into the tank as stated in the manual. Got the cylinder off the machine hand depressed the ram. Quite a bit of force to get the fluid out too! Like I say the pump works fine, no plugged lines etc? what is going on here I'm baling in the morn up here in Fairbanks w/85* heat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ John Deere round baler tying #2  
Not sure if it is the same problem or not......But once my B-I-L came over to help me round bale. He hooked up the baler(Vermeer 504 SG) and headed off. Came back to the barn about 20 minutes later saying the twine arm would not move across the bale(hydraulic tying) We checked everything on the baler,even took the cylinder off,etc......Could not find anything after about 45 minutes of trying. He leaned on the tongue of the baler,and bumped one of the hydraulic hoses.......off it came!! The hose was not fully seated into the remote. Reinstalled the hose,and viola......everything worked fine from that point on......

/ John Deere round baler tying
Thanks for responding Woodbeef. I Know the hydraulics are hooked up coz the fluid "flies" outa the hose when they are remove from the cylinder. I have taken the cylinder off also & check it too, all is well there. Darnest thing I wish I had more knowledge on the "theory of operation", only had this 435 two yrs, worked good last yr. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ John Deere round baler tying #4  
I think your 435 is basically the same as my 430. When the arm screws up, dump the bale and lift door until sensors engage to say you have reached desired bale size. lock out hydraulics on side of baler and lower door which will not come down but you will reset the baler. engage pto and cycle twine arm back to home position. unlock hydraulics and lower door. Usually when this happens it's a result of somebody opening the door up without actually tying off a bale.Like when you fix a splice or clear a windup on a roller. Also check the plunger rod that the twine arm bumps into when it gets across. if it is rusty where it goes through the baler side then it may not allow the hydraulics control to reverse direction.

/ John Deere round baler tying
rockinmywaypa
I'm not sure what ya mean by "lockout" the hydraulics but I savy the rest of your instructions. Yesterday was 93* here & I had to bale without tying off as brome hay was 5 days & bleaching to straw. Made all six footers & place in cattle yard best way possible, bummer tho as I broke a belt just before getting done /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I'll try your methods tho & thanks for the help /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif