John Deere Mid Mount Mower install

/ John Deere Mid Mount Mower install #1  

tervuren

Hi guys and gals,

I was wondering if some of you could help me out? I have a John Deere 770 with a FEL for a looooong time and I finally bought a mid mount mower. It was a good price, especially since it has most of the hardware to it. Can some of you post pics or links of how the brackets mount, especially the rear links. I looked hi and lo for some decent pics of the mounting brackets, but I can not find how the rear links / turnbuckle attach to the tractor. I think I have the front and mid attachment points figured out. I take it they attack to the rear 3 Point hitch somehow and that's what lifts the unit. So if you wise people can enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Scott

/ John Deere Mid Mount Mower install
The JD Parts catalog may give you some idea.
John Deere - Parts Catalog

Thanks for the idea, but I've looked at parts diagrams till my fingers are numb. As usual the show a good job of everything the goes on the mower, but not how the mower goes on the tractor. Maybe I should be looking for an Operator's Manual.

/ John Deere Mid Mount Mower install #4  
The mower deck manual should be OMM77194

/ John Deere Mid Mount Mower install #5  
Google OM M77194, and a hit on eBay for $12 (need that space between the M's)

/ John Deere Mid Mount Mower install #6  
You need to add the two cam brackets to the back end such that the rear arms raise and pull rearward the turnbuckle rods.

/ John Deere Mid Mount Mower install
You need to add the two cam brackets to the back end such that the rear arms raise and pull rearward the turnbuckle rods.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Those rear brackets / cams go over the lift arms, and the lift arm shaft goes thru. the bracket holes, which one is round the other is oval. The hole diameter is about 7/8", so it seems like it would go over the lift arms shaft. I just don't know about what spacers I should use. A pic of it mounted on the tractor would be nice. See my of the brackets I'm talking about.

Attachments

• mower rear brackets reduced.jpg
    mower rear brackets reduced.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 136
Last edited: