Torque Specs / HST Fluid Heater

/ Torque Specs / HST Fluid Heater #1  

Marko

Silver Member
Tractor
2002 JD4110 HST
Does anyone know of a source for Torque Specs for John Deere 4110. Changing the HST fluid for the first time 50hr service and wanted the torque specs for the bolts that hold the suction screen in.

BTW : I have seen others add a HST heater for cold weather operation , however nothing about if this was an option for the 4110. When I went to the dealer to purchase the products for the 50 hrs service I asked if such an animal existed. I was told there was. I should have it in a few days so I'll pass along the info in regards to part numbers and cost etc. in case someone is interested.

Any info on torque specs would be great , if not I'll ask the dealer.

Marko

/ Torque Specs / HST Fluid Heater #2  
Good question, but one that I answer with "tight".

I figure the size of box end wrench that fits the head of the bolt, and with as much pressure as can be given by hand is tight.
No impact wrench, no cheater bar, no breaker bar, etc. to aid in tightening.

I don't use a torque wrench, but don't deny that it is a good tool to use. More useful on wheel bolts, frame parts, etc. where high strength of the joint is crucial. Not so critical on filter bolts with a gasket. Giving each bolt an equal amount of tightening in some even sequence seems prudent. You want to be able to remove them with the normal box end wrench too.

Don't know if this helps, but its my way. So far it works.

/ Torque Specs / HST Fluid Heater #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does anyone know of a source for Torque Specs for John Deere 4110. )</font>

Most of the Deere operators manuals have a chart that will tell you the torque specs by bolt size and hardness. If you can't find one in your manual, let me know the size and hardness of the bolt and I'll look it up in mine.

Jim Fisher

/ Torque Specs / HST Fluid Heater
In case anyone is interested , below are the parts #'s for the Transmission Oil Heater Setup for my 4110.

1xAR95434 - Cord - $14.03
1xAR94493 - Heater Core - $47.85
1xR34557 - Clamp - $1.71
2xR44302 - Locking Straps - .43 cents each

I did the block heater last year and it worked wonders during this past winter we had (which was very cold here in New England). I am sure the trans heater will work just as well. As soon as I get around to puting it in I'll document it and put it out .
Marko