JD 5320 Bottom Cushion Replacement?

/ JD 5320 Bottom Cushion Replacement? #1  

ClemBert

Tractor
Kubota M7060
I have a 5320 IOOS with the "comfort seat" with cracked vinyl that's great for keeping my butt wet all day after a good rain. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a replacement other than forking out a ridiculous amount of $$$ to John Deere. I believe the part number is AL116978 as seen in THIS DIAGRAM. So far the lowest cost I've found is HERE for $168. I'm hoping there are better options. Curious to know if bolt patterns for JD seats and aftermarket JD seats are standard such that I can use something like THIS or THIS. I would not use the backrest only the bottom cushion. Or would having an upholstery shop be a better/cheaper route? Looking for any suggestions that keep the cost down to a reasonable amount. Thanks.

/ JD 5320 Bottom Cushion Replacement? #2  
For the extra $60-70 bucks, I'd go with the Deere.. just sayin.. Will be nice to have a dry bottom.
And maybe the price of one Disney World ticket.. but that I don't know. ;)

But if those substitute's work, let everyone know.

/ JD 5320 Bottom Cushion Replacement? #3  
If my tractor like that good, I would treat it to a JD seat

/ JD 5320 Bottom Cushion Replacement?
For the extra $60-70 bucks, I'd go with the Deere.. just sayin.. Will be nice to have a dry bottom.
And maybe the price of one Disney World ticket.. but that I don't know. ;)

But if those substitute's work, let everyone know.

Well...I was hoping someone else could tell me if a aftermarket product works.

It doesn't feel right paying double the price for a JD seat cushion especially since I already know JD quality ain't what it's cracked up to be with regard to seat cushions. In four years I'd probably be looking for another replacement as I recall that's how long the first one lasted. Just getting tired of a wet butt.

/ JD 5320 Bottom Cushion Replacement? #5  
Other seats can always be used, but there's never a guarantee that the bolt patterns match. Last week i picked up a new generic seat at Tractor Supply for my JD backhoe. They did a good job on the bottom of the seat, providing a multitude of threaded holes, none of which lined up with the mounting plate for the backhoe. I had to drill new holes in the backhoe mounting plate.

Another option is the seat covers that JD offers. They look a little baggy, but they are super inexpensive and they look OK. As for the wetness factor, they don't seem to soak up a lot of water when it rains.

At one point I had picked up a couple yards of yellow vinyl, thinking that I could take my JD seat to an upholsterer. The one that I called said that it would be more cost-effective, and look better to just buy the new seat.

Other seats can always be used, but there's never a guarantee that the bolt patterns match. Last week i picked up a new generic seat at Tractor Supply for my JD backhoe. They did a good job on the bottom of the seat, providing a multitude of threaded holes, none of which lined up with the mounting plate for the backhoe. I had to drill new holes in the backhoe mounting plate.

Another option is the seat covers that JD offers. They look a little baggy, but they are super inexpensive and they look OK. As for the wetness factor, they don't seem to soak up a lot of water when it rains.

At one point I had picked up a couple yards of yellow vinyl, thinking that I could take my JD seat to an upholsterer. The one that I called said that it would be more cost-effective, and look better to just buy the new seat.

Thank you for the feedback. I think you are probably right....if I called an upholstery shop it'd cost just as much as a new seat. I think that for whatever I go with as a seat replacement that I should also look for a rain proof seat cover to protect the new seat from the sun/rain when not in use. You wouldn't happen to have the website link for the TSC seat you recently purchased for your backhoe?

/ JD 5320 Bottom Cushion Replacement? #9  
Thank you for the feedback. I think you are probably right....if I called an upholstery shop it'd cost just as much as a new seat. I think that for whatever I go with as a seat replacement that I should also look for a rain proof seat cover to protect the new seat from the sun/rain when not in use. You wouldn't happen to have the website link for the TSC seat you recently purchased for your backhoe?

I think it might be this one, and it has a drain hole in the middle. I was in the store and make a spot decision to do the replacement. I paid $99, but it's reduced to $79 on the website. I don't know if there's anything you can do to keep them from disintegrating after a few years, but for that price, if you get 5 years out of it, its no biggie. The $30 cloth-type seat covers that JD sells are also good. Even though they look like cloth, they don't seem to soak up water. And you don't have to worry about drilling new holes when the mounting holes dont match up.

Black Talon Deluxe High-Back Steel Pan Seat at Tractor Supply Co.

I think it might be this one, and it has a drain hole in the middle. I was in the store and make a spot decision to do the replacement. I paid $99, but it's reduced to $79 on the website. I don't know if there's anything you can do to keep them from disintegrating after a few years, but for that price, if you get 5 years out of it, its no biggie. The $30 cloth-type seat covers that JD sells are also good. Even though they look like cloth, they don't seem to soak up water. And you don't have to worry about drilling new holes when the mounting holes dont match up.

Black Talon Deluxe High-Back Steel Pan Seat at Tractor Supply Co.

Thanks.....

I've got the fancy schmancy two-part seat that has a seat bottom and a seat back....just means I get to pay twice as much...LOL!