Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 4210 E-Hydro

Default Loss of Hyd Pressure "Too Fast" ??

I've got a 4210 with 420 FEL & 47 BH and when I'm done playing, whoops, I mean working & put it back in the garage; within about 2 hours, the loader & hoe are on the floor. I don't think that hyd pressure should be bleeding off that fast. Is this common ???? As a side note, everything seems to be working fine, when I unhook & store loader, it doesn't move & when I've got my 84"RB hanging off the 3PT Hitch, it stays for days where I left it. Your Thoughts .............
    Eric

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4300, John Deere 3010 w/48 loader

Default Re: Loss of Hyd Pressure "Too Fast" ??

Eric,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I mean working &amp; put it back in the garage; within about 2 hours, the loader &amp; hoe are on the floor. I don't think that hyd pressure should be bleeding off that fast. )</font>

The issue has been addressed by Deere. Here is a link to their leak down testing procedures. Loader and backhoe boom/bucket lower slowly while parked

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( when I've got my 84"RB hanging off the 3PT Hitch, it stays for days where I left it. Your Thoughts .............
    )</font>

It is a good practice to lower all hydraulic implements when you park the tractor. That way you know that they won't drop on someone or something unexpectedly. In addition, three point implements which have leaked down won't raise suddenly on startup.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 4210 E-Hydro

Thanks for Link, I'll check measurements.
    Eric

Tractor
    JD790

I don't have much knowledge on hydraulics.

I've always been wondering why the 3pth with 600lbs would stay in the same position for days but not the loader/bucket ?

Can't a circuitry similar to the 3pth be used for the SVC ?

Tractor
    BX2200, '52 8N

Your 3-point only has one cylinder that could leak down and it only has one spool that controls it. The loader on the other hand has 4 cylinders that can leak down and you have 2 spools in the control valve that can also leak. So the loader (and a backhoe) have a greater ability to leakdown.

My 790 and 419 loader has a bad leakdown problem. The dealer has replaced all cylinders as well as the SCV in an attempt to fix it. It still leaks bad (while it's running too.) JD has some issues with their hydraulics.