I knew I would do it sooner or later.

/ I knew I would do it sooner or later. #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
This is what happens when you get in a hurry & forget what you are driving. I have mowed around this building hundreds of times over the past 20 years. It was only the third time with the 2210 & roll bar.

Chris

Attachments

• 455565-2210GutterA1.jpg
    455565-2210GutterA1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,126
   / I knew I would do it sooner or later. #2  
Hope that didn't scratch the ROPS too bad. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I knew I would do it sooner or later. #3  
That is why I did this..

Attachments

• 455597-rops44.jpg
    455597-rops44.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 700
   / I knew I would do it sooner or later. #4  
Those JD tractors are powerful beasts. You gotta be careful. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If it makes you feel any better we all have done (or will do eventually) similar things. Aren't you glad there is a forum where you can post pictures of your mishaps? It cleanses the soul.

Now the hard part is driving the tractor along the building in the opposite way and positioned just right to catch the gutter with the ROPS. That should straighten it back out. You might need new nails though to secure it to the building.

Jeff

/ I knew I would do it sooner or later. #5  
ROPS 1, Rain Gutter 0 ROPS won.

Just wait til' you put an umbrella up for some shade. It will get caught on EVERYTHING !

/ I knew I would do it sooner or later. #6  
You are not the only "bright person who never makes a mistake." 1-2 years ago I vinyl sided a barn/kids play building. This past winter I slid just "that last inch" on ice while backing next to the building. The tip of my loader bucket just barely touched the frozen corner moulding......cracked quite easily! Sadly I didn't use the type of corner moulding you snap on after all the siding goes up. To fix it I have to un-nail all the siding on two sides a few feet so I can remove/replace the corner. Just a days works for a seconds mistake.

Really, I have NEVER done anything like that before....sure! Hey, I think your gutter needed replacement anyway...yeah THAT'S what I think!

Peter /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I knew I would do it sooner or later. #7  
I was putting some new teeth on a full sized cat backhoe bucket.
It was raining, so I decided to extend the hoe into my empty stall of the garage (regular sized garage).
I slowly maneuvered the hoe into the garage bay and the boom barely nudged the garage door frame.
I don't have any pictures, but in order to fix the door, I had to completely remove the door - frame and all and reinstall it from scratch.
It looked like someone drove into the garage with the door down! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ I knew I would do it sooner or later. #8  
I wish I could take a picture of my garage roof after I tried to park my 4300 inside with the ROPS up. Learned my lesson.

/ I knew I would do it sooner or later. #9  
Chevy,

What tires are you running on that? Don't look like the turf or Ag - did you have to pay for an upgrade?

/ I knew I would do it sooner or later.
Thanks for all the support. No this is not my first mishap. I also tried to drive a tractor through a 7 foot high door with the roll bar up. That was when I had a 4400. I have not done it yet with the 4710.

The tires are the HDAP tires from the X Series Garden tractors. They just swaped out the turf tires. I also got a high back seat & seat suspension off of the X Series. This seat is a big improvement over the stock seat. It gives a much improved ride.