Silver Member
    Tractor

Default Imatch tractor hitch and ballast box

Does anyone have any problems hooking up the ballast box (imatch) to the imatch hitch that mounts to the tractor? I just bought the hitch that goes on the tractor, and when I try to hook up to the ballast box, the place where the hitch hits the pins on the ballast box is right where the clips go to hold the bushings on. It looks as the hitch on the tractor is to wide for the ballast box, or the box is two narrow. I'm using the bushings that came with the imatch hitch, they are only about an inch long or so. Thanks for your help

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 990 4WD

Default Re: Imatch tractor hitch and ballast box

I believe there is an additional kit that comes with longer pins or something to make it work with imatch. There have been previous threads about it, a search might turn up what part you need.

I went through the same thing recently. Here is the thread.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/s...l/fpart/1/vc/1

The kit allows the box to attach properly.
    My dealer wasn't even aware of the kit. I had to email him the pictures from this thread to show him what he had to order.

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

<font color="blue"> "My dealer wasn't even aware of the kit. I had to email him the pictures from this thread to show him what he had to order." </font>

I'll bet he was able to find the full list price and charge you accordingly, though... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Actually, he didn't charge me anything !
    Maybe because I was educating him and he should have known about it when he sold me my tractor or he made enough money on me with my tractor already. Either way, I didn't pay for it.