410 Loader Dump Problem

/ 410 Loader Dump Problem #1  

DepthCharge

Tractor
JD 4115
Hello,

I just put my 410 loader back on my 4115 this morning and I have a strange problem.

Lift and lower works fine and I think bucket tilt up works fine but when I try to dump the bucket I have a problem.

If I try to dump the bucket by pushing the lever all the way to the right the bucker actually tilts up. At the same time you can tell the hydraulics are laboring (with an empty bucket).

If I push the lever just a little right the bucket will dump very slowly and again the hydraulics labor.

If I start with the lever pushed just a little right with the bucket slowly dumping and then push a little more then the bucket will stop dumping (hydraulic laboring still) and then if I push it a little more right the bucket will start to tilt back up.

I have checked the hose connections several times and they are correct. Everything worked fine when the loader was on the tractor a couple weeks ago. There are no obvious mechanical defects on the loader.

I imagine that the transition from dumping to tilt back as I push the lever further right is relarted to the normal transition from standard to regenerative dump.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

/ 410 Loader Dump Problem #2  
DepthCharge
You may have the hoses in the correct position but not pushed all the way on. Lower the loader to the ground. Then shut engine off. Move lever in all directions to make sure there is no pressure in lines. Then remove each connector. Make sure there is nothing inside of each connector before you reinstall them. Hope fully this will solve your problem.

/ 410 Loader Dump Problem #3  
I will be eager to see if someone has a good solution-----I have a VERY similar problem on the 4100, it seems to hic-cup when moving the bucket up, (not raising the arms) everything else is fine on mine.?????????????????????????????

/ 410 Loader Dump Problem
O.K. I have it fixed now.

I had already pulled and reconnected the hoses to no avail but based on your advice I tried again. Works fine now.

Must have had enough residual pressure that I could make the connection but not fully open the poppet. Shouldn't be possible. Could have sworn that I relieved the lines before making the connections. With quick disconnects I have used in the past if there was residual pressure you couldn't make the connection at all, and these were fully engaged.

Anyway, fixed now. Thanks.