I've got $35,000 to spend......

/ I've got $35,000 to spend...... #21  
Re: I\'ve got $35,000 to spend......

I think I am sounding like a broken record /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif but the 110 is compatable with breakers on both ends. If you rent on friday or saturday you usually get it for the whole weekend just a thought. I have found finis mowing isn't bad so long as you take the bucket off and don't do it 5 minutes after it rains. If you rent a skidloader and breaker you are probable going to be close to 400 dollars a day it doesn't take many days to offset some cost of having your own machine and just rent the breaker. Heck you probably could just pry out the concrete if it doesn't have rebar in it. I wouldn't try it with a cut bucket it would destroy it. Again 110 has a much beefier bucket /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ I've got $35,000 to spend...... #22  

Plan out the steps & tools needed.

Sell the pickup & get a used 1 ton dump & 6 ton trailer. Then start auctioneering for a 60 HP tlb, JD350 dozer/BH. vibratory roller, large woodchipper, etc.

1970 tlb $10K dozer $10K etc...

When one machines work is done sell it (maybe at a profit) & move to the next. Don't buy anything you can't haul.

At the end you'll have all heavy work done & a shiny new ag tractor with implements and various old machines you can't bear to sell.

Don't ask how I know this.

/ I've got $35,000 to spend......

Nice Barry. I like the thought process. Just not sure the wife would. Unfortunaltely she's not real big on "tons of equipment". She'd rather pay for renting than take the risk on getting stuck with a 1972 bulldozer. However, you make a lot of sense to me.

-Jim

/ I've got $35,000 to spend...... #24  

I'm not a mechanic so I don't know much about the mechanical aspects, but what is a breaker?

/ I've got $35,000 to spend...... #25  

Hydraulic jack hammer. HTH

/ I've got $35,000 to spend...... #26  

I hate to sound like a pest that won't go away, /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but the brochure about the 110 I had sent for arrived yesterday. The 110 has a feature that I really like, especially if trenching. I am taking this directly from the brochure:

The 110's best side is the inside.

Both the loader and backhoe operator stations offer outstanding views, more than enough legroom, handy controls and equal access to gauges and throttle.

The machine can even be moved from both stations.

How? a unique "creep-to-repositon" lever to the left of the backhoe seat can move the tractor slowly backwards and forwards along a trench line. There's no need to switch to the front seat to drive forward, and then switch back, or deal with the hassle of "pushing" the machine back using the backhoe boom.

The 110 will change your view of how easy it can be working with a multipurpose machine.

Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif