Oil & Fuel 2210 fuel line leak at tank

/ 2210 fuel line leak at tank #1  

mhalla

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
<font color="green">Any 2210 owners out there who have experienced at fuel line leak right at the tank?

On Sunday I noticed the smell of raw diesel fuel and after opening the hood and looking around I discovered there was some slight fuel leakage coming from each of the two hoses that connect to the fuel tank. The leakage is through the side of the hoses just above the clamp where each hose takes a 90 degree toward the engine.

I need to take the hood completely off to check it out better so I don't know if a mouse decided to bite into the rubber or the hose couldn't handle the stress of being bent at so sharp an angle. The hose feels rough where the fuel is leaking so based on my sense of touch either cause seems reasonable.

If other 2210 owners are having or have had the same problem where it was a warranty issue with the fuel line I might be able to rule out a mouse being the culprit.

My 2210 is a year and a half old.

Mike</font>

/ 2210 fuel line leak at tank #2  
That is unfortunate.
I would replace the hose and avoid losing any more diesel fuel. Is there a mouse nesting near there in your tractor? I keep mouse poison available several times a year. The mice carry it away and then nibble on it when hungry. Works for me.

/ 2210 fuel line leak at tank #3  
I've had my 2210 since Feb 2003 and no diesel leaks......

/ 2210 fuel line leak at tank #4  
Mike,

Was it a leak, or just the overfill from the cup that surrounds the filler tube. I wasn't paying attention one day on my 2210 and had overfilled it and the cup has drain tubes and diesel was running over my shoes pretty well.

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

/ 2210 fuel line leak at tank
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Was it a leak, or just the overfill from the cup that surrounds the filler tube. )</font>

<font color="green">JDFANATIC,

It is definitely seepage through the hose above the clamp. The filler tube overfill cup is perfectly dry. I thought I saw something in another posting about fuel hoses being bad on some JD model or another but a search of the TBN discussions didn't turn up what I was recalling.

The hoses look like they could have been a little longer to relieve the stess they are receiving from the sharp bend. Of course if the hoses were longer it might cost JD another dime to build each tractor. But then they wouldn't get the $14.58 apiece from you when you needed to replace them. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Mike </font>