New 4410

/ New 4410 #1  

Dave4410

Silver Member
Tractor
2004 John Deere 4410 eHydro
I'm receiving my new 4410 tomorrow. It's outfitted with eHydro, 430 loader w/hd bucket and ballast box, 48 backhoe w/18" hd bucket. Can you guys offer any break-in advice? I plan to use it to install my new septic system. What kind of excavating performance can I expect? How about dozing capabilities?

/ New 4410 #2  
Welcome to the forum.
You should have a great time with this new machine. Breakin? I'd ask the dealer for guidance, and follow his advice. But if me, I would not set it at high throttle and run it for long periods of time wide open. At first, I'd vary the rpm and do some light chores with it for a few hours and work up to steady rpm's after 2-3 hours. I don't think you have a lot to worry about, if you follow the dealer's advice.

Dozing? Not in the typical sense, as you didn't mention having a blade. But loader work will be a breeze with this machine. With the weight of the hoe, I suspect you will be impressed with the dirt you can move with it and the bucket.

/ New 4410 #3  
Start out with low rpms for hoe work. It'll learn how to work with you, if you are patient with it...

Wheel Lugs!! Be sure and check the torque each time you start out. They willl settle down after a bit, if they are working loose at first...

/ New 4410
Thanks for the input. By dozing I mean pushing fill with a full loader bucket. I've got a good size manure pile to move during break-in. That should give the tractor the varied rpms under a light load. It looks like Friday will be the big day!