hydraulic honk

/ hydraulic honk #1  

rb4410

Tractor
4410 e-hydro
i have noticed here of late that when i first start my 4410 cold,
i go to raise the TPH and when the arms stop at the height i've set there is an audible honk,sometimes it is quite loud.has anyone else experienced this condition ? it only does this when the machine is dead cold and usually only when i first operate it. is this something i should be concerned with ?
my machine only has 25 hrs. on it and i would'nt want this to be a big problem down the road. any ideas ?

/ hydraulic honk #2  
I have the exact same honk on my 790 but it only started after I put a power beyond kit on it. Someone else indicated it was normal but I still don't like it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ hydraulic honk #3  
rb4410,
LOL, I really like the descriptive title in your post. I am not really sure what it is, but have heard it on several tractors, maybe a relief valve ?

Ben

/ hydraulic honk #4  
I have it (great description, and I have tried hard to think of one that would describe it) but I didn't have it when the screen in the hyd. line under the seat (now behind the seat) was blown out. After putting in a new screen, it came back. Annoying sound, but, I don't have it if the RPM's are up above about 1100.
Sounds to me like a hydraulic 'chatter' that is vibrating a relief valve at just an 'exact' flow.
I also, was told not to worry about it, that it was normal. Now with 200+ hours, I believe it is not a problem. I think it means (IMO) that the screen is functioning. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Hope I am right. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ hydraulic honk #5  
It's normal all of my tractors have done it even though I idle them several mins before shifting or using the hydraulics.